"Forgiveness is between him and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting."

"Revenge is a meal best served...COLD.

Man on Fire (Denzel Washington)

Edited by hankfan79

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really a good movie but it does have a great line delivered by an entertaining actor......The Recruit

Collin Ferrell talking to Al Pacino'S character who is recruiting him for the CIA..

"Would I have to kill people"?

Pacino back to Ferrell

"WOULD YOU LIKE TO'???????

Ironman

They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far. I present to you the newest in Stark Industries' Freedom line.

Find an excuse to let one of these off the chain, and I personally guarantee, the bad guys won't even wanna come out of their caves. Ladies and gentlemen, for your consideration... the Jericho.

One of my favorites....

Dr. No

M : "You'll no longer carry the Beretta. Not, if you wish to remain a double O. You'll carry the Walther"

Bond : "But really sir.."

M : (interupts pressing the call box button) "ARMORER"

(Armorer enters carrying a small box)

M : " Double O seven just pay attention."

Armorer : "A Walther PPK. Seven point six five millimeter with six cartridges charged through the handle. With a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window."

(Bond takes the PPK still in it's box and turns to leave with his Beretta still in it's holster)

M : "..And double O seven."

(Bond turns back to M)

M : "Just leave the Beretter."

(Bond gives M a nasty look and draws his Beretta. He places it on the desk, sighs, and leaves the office. On his way out he hands the PPK in it's box to Ms. Moneypenny, calls it a gift, and leaves)

...And James Bond met, for the first time, his trusty PPK... which he HATED!

Fun Trivia: Ian Flemming knew absolutely nothing about guns. He asked a friend when writing the books. That is why 007 carries his PPK in a shoulder rig actually intended for a .38 snubnose. It's also why his armorer character described a .380 ACP as a far more deadly and powerful pistol than those of us that know are guns consider it to be. He made many more mistakes in future novels.

The PPK was the Bond gun until Roger Moore took the role in Live and Let Die carrying a large revolver. He carried the PPK in later films until it was finally dropped by Pierce Brosnan in Goldeneye.

Bonds PPK was a .32, not a .380

From IMFDB (Like I said Ian Flemming knew nothing about guns and the gun handed to bond in the film was a 380. The point of the whole post was he took away a more powerful gun and gave him a less powerful one. I love you guys that have to try and burn people every chance you get. What's the point of sitting here picking everyone's quotes to death. Not like half of them aren't perfect phrasing of the actual line from the movie the quotes are from. Thanks for trying to ruin my fun.)

James Bond (Sean Connery) is assigned a 7.65 mm "Walther PPK" by M, ordering him to hand over his Beretta (which M accuses of being underpowered, despite the 1934's Italian 9mm Corto being superior to the replacement PPK's 7.65mm chambering). However in the film he actually uses a longer-barreled Walther PP chambered in .380 ACP (same as carried by the Metropolitan Police in 1961). Felix Leiter (Jack Lord) also carries a Walther PP, even though he's a CIA agent and, according to M, would use the PPK. Bond's PP would later be auctioned by Christie's.

M: "Yes, I thought so. This damn Beretta again. I've told you about this before." (to the armorer) "You tell him, for the last time."

Maj. Boothroyd: "It's nice and light... in a lady's handbag. No stopping power."

M: "Any comments, 007?"

James Bond: "I disagree, sir. I've used the Beretta for ten years. And I've never missed with it yet."

M: "Maybe not, but it jammed on your last job and you spent six months in the hospital in consequence. If you carry a double-O number, it means you're licensed to kill, not get killed... From now on you'll carry a different gun. Show him, armorer."

Maj. Boothroyd: "Walther PPK. 7.65 mil with a delivery like a brick through a plate glass window. Takes a Brausch silencer with very little reduction in muzzle velocity. The American CIA swear by them."

Bonds PPK was a .32, not a .380

From IMFDB (Like I said Ian Flemming knew nothing about guns and the gun handed to bond in the film was a 380. The point of the whole post was he took away a more powerful gun and gave him a less powerful one. I love you guys that have to try and burn people every chance you get. What's the point of sitting here picking everyone's quotes to death. Not like half of them aren't perfect phrasing of the actual line from the movie the quotes are from. Thanks for trying to ruin my fun.)

Not trying to mess with you. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard when you say that 7.65mm is a .380. It is not like I actually care. :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Vincent: Marvin, what do you make of all this?

Marvin: Man, I don't even have an opinion.

[Vincent turns to the backseat with his gun casually in his grip]

Vincent: Well you gotta have an opinion. I mean do you think that God came down from Heaven and stopped the...

BOOM!!!! :surprise:

Pulp Fiction

It's been a few years since I've seen it, so I don't remember exactly which gun or even for sure which character, but in the mini-series Centennial, based on the James Michener novel of the same name, someone (possibly Levi Zendt) says it

" . . . shoots straight as the road to hell and makes a hole twice as wide!"

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A few from an awesome movie: Shooter

Welcome to Tennessee, patron state of shootin' stuff.

Sarah Fenn: What are you going to do?

Bob Lee Swagger: Exercise my right to bear arms

Bob Lee Swagger: Where are we meeting?

Colonel Isaac Johnson: Somewhere where I can see you coming from a god damned long way off.

I'm just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns