Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which mag pouch are you using for Colt SMG style mags?

I found the Comp Tech listed. 

Coda has two, a 3.5 inch or  5 inch. Has anyone tried these?

I use UM TACTICAL mag pouches. 20.00 plus shipping. They are great. I can run full speed (which is not that fast for a 54 yr old) and they stay in place even at odd angles.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I just ordered a Coda 5.5" for a 41-47 Glock.   I am under the impression that they work bullets up or down. They also  work with colt mags .  I got to check some out at the local matches and they look like they work great.   I want a pouch for PCC that I can run straight across my belt that is different than my pistol pouches (CR Speed).  

I got my Coda Evolution mag pouch today. It definitely holds 41-57 round mags alot better than my Cr Speed pouches.  I am going to run with it this weekend

received_10213649140997042.jpeg

Timido, What is overall length of your extended mag?? I was thinking the 5 inch Coda might be better for the long Colt SMG mags.

That one is the 5.5" Coda pouch.    How long is the SMG magazine?

received_10213650380948040.jpeg

On 6/1/2018 at 6:23 PM, Timido said:

I got my Coda Evolution mag pouch today. It definitely holds 41-57 round mags alot better than my Cr Speed pouches.  I am going to run with it this weekend

So what's the verdict?

The Colt/Rock River/SMG mag is 8" long. I imagine the Taylor Freelance extension would add 2" to that.

I ran a match on Sunday I ran the whole match with a Glock big stick in the pouch horizontal.  I didn't notice the magazine at all.    I think it is definitely the way to carry a big 41-57 round magazine.    I carried two 140mm magazines prior to the 41rnd one.  I like reloading with the big Glock mag over the short 140rnd magazines.