Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RO recert exam

10ring

59 minutes ago, 10ring said:

The new RO Recert Exam is 20 questions this time around for me.  I've always had 10 questions in the past.  Does everyone get a 20 question treatment?

It was in front sight or Down range report that it changed to 20

Troy must of heard you complaining about something and gave you the big test!

Actually, from the 29 Mar 18 "USPSA Down Range"

USPSA
Effective immediately, the testing requirements for recertification on the NROI recertification exam are changed. The new test will consist of 20 questions from the pool, and the pass level will revert to 85 percent. We are constantly striving to improve our educational and testing abilities, and it seems that the way the test is arranged, with 10 questions, is resulting in a lower pass rate than expected. This is partially due to the value per question being higher. With an increased number of questions, each question will be worth less points, allowing for a mistake or two without failing the exam.

Any range officer who failed the exam and did not contact DNROI regarding the failure should do so immediately so that we can examine the problems you had and possibly make adjustments, including issuing a new certification exam under the new standards.

Thanks for confirming.  I don't get USPSADown Range so missed that memo.  So it sounds like they want to give people a better chance of passing.  Well, I never had any problems in the past but some of these new question might do me in.  I'm stuck on a question about Metal Penalty Targets.  Has there been some new rulings on the use of metal penalty targets?

3 minutes ago, 10ring said:

Thanks for confirming.  I don't get USPSADown Range so missed that memo.  So it sounds like they want to give people a better chance of passing.  Well, I never had any problems in the past but some of these new question might do me in.  I'm stuck on a question about Metal Penalty Targets.  Has there been some new rulings on the use of metal penalty targets?

Perhaps you should go look at the rulings? ?

28 minutes ago, L3324temp said:

The syntax of the answers is super important now. One character out of place and your correct answer is marked wrong. Watch this specifically on the appendix questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And I have heard this is being actively addressed 

I had the question asking the range commands in proper order and it marked my citation wrong. I put 8.3.1 and they wanted 8.3 even though the instructions are clear that they want one of the specific rules that apply.

Sounds like a real shit show from what I'm hearing at the range and what I'm reading here. Be nice if they stopped changing shit every day like idpa and just followed the written rule book.

Did you guys get a post card or email saying you were due or did you have to look it up yourself? 

11 minutes ago, Mcfoto said:

I had the question asking the range commands in proper order and it marked my citation wrong. I put 8.3.1 and they wanted 8.3 even though the instructions are clear that they want one of the specific rules that apply.

8.3.1 is only for "Make Ready". 8.3 covers them all... ?

1 hour ago, louu said:

Sounds like a real shit show from what I'm hearing at the range and what I'm reading here. Be nice if they stopped changing shit every day like idpa and just followed the written rule book.

Did you guys get a post card or email saying you were due or did you have to look it up yourself? 

I just got the postcard...  I'm holding off as long as possible hoping they get things straightened out...

I completed mine a few days ago with no issues or anything to make me think it wasn’t working correctly. Only question marked wrong was one I didn’t read closely enough. 

• 2 months later...

I just completed mine and some of the questions still need the answers reviewed in my opinion.   One I missed dealt with the minimum caliber for Major revolver.  The appendix says the minimum caliber for revolver is  .38 cal/ 9x19 but it also states that there is no minimum caliber for Major.  My answer was correct but the rule cite was wrong.” but 

On 8/22/2018 at 2:56 PM, Poppa Bear said:

I just completed mine and some of the questions still need the answers reviewed in my opinion.   One I missed dealt with the minimum caliber for Major revolver.  The appendix says the minimum caliber for revolver is  .38 cal/ 9x19 but it also states that there is no minimum caliber for Major.  My answer was correct but the rule cite was wrong.” but 

You answered None. and "D6 5" for your rule citation?

On 6/9/2018 at 5:00 AM, mscott said:

I completed mine a few days ago with no issues or anything to make me think it wasn’t working correctly. Only question marked wrong was one I didn’t read closely enough. 

These complainers are guys who just use the excuse they teach in school now. If you do bad on a test it must be the teacher or the test. Couldn't be the test taker because he's a little genius. What a world.