Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ned a measurement

Could someone possibly measure their spring that Returns the press in the up position on the Dillon 1050 I may have a machine with a level 10 spring in it but a factory housing that is causing my machine to be over sprung my current spring is 10.25 in long and I'm not sure if that's Factory or aftermarket thank you

I just measured a new factory spring.  It is 8" and the housing it 2.25".  I have an aftermarket spring that is probably 2 inches longer and the housing is also longer.  The factory housing is black and the aftermarket I have is silver colored.

Thanks I think that may be my problem as far as the clunk pop issue, I will try and get a factory spring to try out or see if I can order Justy the aftermarket housing as mine is the black oem one

Dillon has a refit on that spring and housing, they are both longer than original. The longer housing is about 3 inches, the original about 2 inches. From talking to the Dillon guys i shoot with it's supposed to increase the life of the spring.

jj