Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness Elite.....

MikieM

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a new Tanfo Witness Elite Limited from Bud's.

Made some spring changes, took it to the range, and long story short the gun shoots like a million bucks.

My question is this: On the left side of the slide is stamped Limited Custom. I thought they once read Limited. Is this the way they all are, now?

Thanks. 

I was curious as to the name change on the slide. The catalog pictures at EAA, and Bud's Guns, show the word Limited on the slide and listed as an Witness Elite Limited. Mine is a 2018 model. and as you can see it has Limited Custom stamped on the slide.

The gun is in pieces at the moment waiting for the barrel to come back from Patriot Defense.  

IMG_0877.JPG

Interesting. Maybe the engraver got carried away and just ran them all as "Limited Custom" lol

Same roll marking as my 2018 Limited Custom but mine has slide porting on it to reduce weight.

What's PD doing to the barrel?

Edited by Trinimon

I have both and their are differences. You will see it at the back of the back strap, rear sight and hammer right off. I'm sure if I eyeballed it really good I could give a nice write-up of them.

Edited by Intercooler2

Curiosity killed the cat so this cat called EAA in Florida and asked about the difference. 

The young lady there took my serial number and found that my gun was indeed a 9mm, made in April of this year, and shipped to the States soon thereafter. It is identical to all other Elite Limiteds other than now the factory folks at Tanfoglio have decided to change the name on the slide to Limited Custom. 

She said there have been times when these guns have come over with rear sight blades having rounded corners, but that's about it. 

Edited by MikieM

No offense to those ladies, but once again they don't know the products!

In here you will see the more rounded back strap you feel in your palm, different beaver-tail, hammer thickness on the firing pin side and rear (non LPA) Super Sight.