Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Way Back Microdot Mount?

HalRex

I’m thinking a left side racker is a no-go with this. Would like to see a pic of one mounted on a 2011 to see how much “grab room”there is at the rear end of the slide.

1 hour ago, tcazes said:

I know atlas makes their own as well. 

Atlas has stopped making them, not sure why. I know I would like to try one, but you have to put a right side racker on. 

I’m thinking a left side racker is a no-go with this. Would like to see a pic of one mounted on a 2011 to see how much “grab room”there is at the rear end of the slide.

i looked on the Atlas website and didn’t see it. I’m seeing a few right handers that have the racker on the “wrong” side these days.

24 minutes ago, Bird_Dog0347 said:

That pic above is what Chris Tilley uses (think that's him in the pic), you might try calling up the people at Go Shoot and ask where he got it. There's a better pic of it on his new gun in the link below.

http://www.sviguns.com/zenphoto/Open-Guns/#14

Him and at least a couple other locals use some variety of the rear mount. Two of whom are on this site, but maybe not terribly active, I can't remember user names atm.

Eta maybe @theWacoKid

Edited by Beef15

I ran one until recently.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Hamlet-Dynamics-Fullback-RTS2-Open-Gun-Mount--P5012.aspx

I did notice a difference with picking up the dot more easily and a bit better tracking of the dot. I put the racker on the "wrong" side and it was kind of a pain, but not something I couldn't train through. I had no ejection issues running same headstamp cases in 9mm major.

I'm back to a regular cheely single sided mount until I can get a double sided on it for stability. My next open gun will have the dovetail machined at the back of the slide to allow for a rear set racker on the left side, and allow for a rear set mount like the Hamlet.

• 4 months later...