Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 or Deltapoint Pro

Big Guy

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just mounted my DPP, coming from an RTS2.   From the couple days of DF it seems really nice, I like the shape of the glass and clarity better so far.  The DDP is much harder to adjust the brightness settings.  I have single sided mounts on both optics.

I'm taking it to the range for the first time tonight, I'll update more then. 

I have both; I like both.   Both are bright, neither of mine chew through batteries, both have auto off, DPP has auto on.  DPP is a pain to adjust brightness, RTS2 isn't.  RTS2 seems just as bright, but the dot doesn't flare as much as the DPP.  

Play with both before you chose.  

I've had great luck with DPP"s on Everglades single sided mounts.  I bounced one of my guns across the floor the night before a match last year and the optic was still zeroed when I got to the range.  I've got 4 DPP's with probably 17K rounds between them (on open and CO guns) and never had any major issues.  Occasionally they'll start acting weird when the battery gets low, but I've never had one fail.

1 hour ago, chevrofreak said:

I have both; I like both.   Both are bright, neither of mine chew through batteries, both have auto off, DPP has auto on.  DPP is a pain to adjust brightness, RTS2 isn't.  RTS2 seems just as bright, but the dot doesn't flare as much as the DPP.  

Play with both before you chose.  

similar experience, after trying both I'm back to running an RTS2 as its easier to turn on/off, just as bright and doesn't flare so I find it more accurate as the dot is a crisp 6moa instead of a "flared 2.5moa trying to be a 6moa"

Edited by race1911

2 hours ago, Big Guy said:

Any specific reason why you went away from the RTS2?

Nothing really wrong with it came with a used gun I bought.  It was fading out some in bright sunlight and I heard they were brighter (but that could be bs).

I have several of both.  I like the RTS2 glass better, but that's about it.  The RTS2s are definitely dimmer than the DPP.  Mostly it is because all three RTS2s eat batteries and get dimmer.  The worst will not maintain brightness for the whole match, even when I turn it off between stages.  I switched to DPP 2.5s on my steel guns and like them better.  I don't even have to use the highest setting when shooting white steel in bright sunlight.  Both the DPPs on the steel guns are slide mounted.  I had one fail in the middle of the stage, because the accelerometer broke and the dot was no longer motion activated.

Two of the brand new RTS2s had to go back to C-More because the screws holding the bottom plate on stuck out and the mount would not sit flush.  In each case it took three weeks to get them back.

Believe it or not, the most trouble free dot I've used is the FastFire 3 8 MOA.  I have five.  The oldest was slide mounted on my 1911 45.  The dust cover over the LED port cracked after about 40k rounds.  I sent it to Burris and they sent me a new one.  One problem with the FF3s is the battery lasts sooo long you don't notice it getting dimmer over time.  I originally went to the RTS2s because the FF3 dot washed out on white steel.  I didn't find out until later that it was a battery issue.  The battery in my oldest lasted 4 years before it started blinking.  I swapped out the battery on the FF3 I'd taken off a steel gun and was amazed at how bright it was.  It is definitely as bright as the RTS2.  Had I known this earlier I'd own more FF3s and fewer of the others.

So the DDP seemed to not wash out as much in the sun as the RTS2 did but there was a storm rolling in so we didn't shoot in the bright sun a ton.  I liked the viewing window better, the glass is a little wider and seemed clearer (but it's brand new).  I put it on the Atlas mount with the spacer for narrow frames, the optic sits off center, which really bugged me when I set the gun up because I thought it looked weird but I didn't notice at all while shooting.

The DDP also just seems like a more solid design.

I have both and they each have there’s pros and cons . The RTS2 really only has one thing over the DPP and that is the taller glass. I feel the DPP is superior in every other category. My DPP has been running 8k rounds strong so far with no issues .

I also have both. I like the 2.5 dot better on the DPP, but I like the adjustment settings on the RTS2 better. Overall, you won’t be set back with either scope, they are both excellent!

• 3 weeks later...
Which one, RTS2 or Deltapoint Pro???

Also, which mount, a one sided mount or the Double Tap?

I have the RTS2v4 8moa on a one side Brazos Custom mount and I have had no issues through 4 matches and multiple practices. Battery life for me is great. Still on the original battery and all of my replacements will be Eveready 2032. Others have had issues with the RTS2 but I have had great results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 6/13/2018 at 9:21 PM, alsipd said:

I have the RTS2v4 8moa on a one side Brazos Custom mount and I have had no issues through 4 matches and multiple practices. Battery life for me is great. Still on the original battery and all of my replacements will be Eveready 2032. Others have had issues with the RTS2 but I have had great results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Those of us experiencing continual problems are high volume shooters. I'm convinced about 80-90% of rts2's will experience failure before 20,000 rounds. 

The failure is the same as pre-v4 boards, but the v4 masks the issue for a while before most people notice it "dead". 

1 hour ago, theWacoKid said:

Those of us experiencing continual problems are high volume shooters. I'm convinced about 80-90% of rts2's will experience failure before 20,000 rounds. 

The failure is the same as pre-v4 boards, but the v4 masks the issue for a while before most people notice it "dead". 

Most high volume shooters experience eventual failure with ANY of the microdot scopes.  Its the nature of the beast, and we beat them up pretty good.  C-More is good at replacing the innards, within reason.  I have RTS2s on three guns and see no reason to change.   Pick the one that "sees" best for you and give it a whirl. ?

3 minutes ago, teros135 said:

Most high volume shooters experience eventual failure with ANY of the microdot scopes.  Its the nature of the beast, and we beat them up pretty good.  C-More is good at replacing the innards, within reason.  I have RTS2s on three guns and see no reason to change.   Pick the one that "sees" best for you and give it a whirl. ?

Of course.  And having said all that I shoot only RTS2's.  I also have started fixing them myself.  So I know the whys of the issues and I can say it's not a requirement that they need to keep failing this way.  C-more could be saving a lot of time and money by not having to do all these repairs.

My main point is 4 matches and some practice does not merit a conclusion of "this dot is robust".  You must stay vigilant and connected with all your equipment.

1 hour ago, theWacoKid said:

My main point is 4 matches and some practice does not merit a conclusion of "this dot is robust". 

I think you may have me confused with another poster (alsipd).   That wasn't my contention.   

Until the folks that make these find a way to make them small and light and tough, all at the same time, we're going to have to go back to the standard Slideride, with it's issues,  or use a heavy  tactical scope like an Eotech or Aimpoint.  So far,  few seem to want to do the latter.  I like the optic closer to the bore and don't like the sideways Slideride, so it's a microdot for me.  YMMV

Having had both, I will say they both have features I like. RTS2 wins for ease of adjustment, shape of the glass, and dot clarity. DPP wins battery life, ease of adjustment, and battery compartment.

The RTS2 was my first microdot and I liked it until it quit on me during a stage at a major match. It was a V4 and cmore said they could not duplicate the issue. They did replace it though. It could have been low battery but I had no indication of such it just quit.

Switched to the DPP and have not had a problem with it in the 2 years I have had it. The reliability to me is the most important feature.