Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Schmidt Standards WSB

I shot the Schmidt Standards this past weekend at the Northern AZ Classic and it was a fun challenge. I would like to use this stage in one of my local USPSA matches but I don't have the Written Stage Briefing. Does anyone have the WSB for the Schmidt Standards stage that they can share?

Sooo, I'd like to use this one as well but can you clarify the stacking of shots IS allowed with best 6 on paper scoring? In this case the 7th shot is not a procedural and if more than 7 hits are present on a target then only the top 6 are scored? 

At the NAZC match that was one of the confusing things. The RO stated that while stacking is allowed if you take an extra shot you will be penalized. Didn't make sense to me though I didn't make the six shots anyway. Got two procedurals one for 6.01 and another for 6.03 during COF on the last shots.

1 hour ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Sooo, I'd like to use this one as well but can you clarify the stacking of shots IS allowed with best 6 on paper scoring? In this case the 7th shot is not a procedural and if more than 7 hits are present on a target then only the top 6 are scored? 

stacking is allowed meaning you can shoot the same target all 6 times in each string. a 7th shot will incur penalty when fired, a target with 7 hits will be scored best 6 and incur a extra hit penalty, remember this includes any hits above the prescribed 6 meaning if you have 4 hits on one target and 8 hits on another you get 2 no penalty mikes and 2 extra hit penalties

When I shot this a couple years ago on the weak hand string I had to shoot the 6th shot into a different target to avoid a penalty as I had dropped one from 50yd line onto the target I was shooting weak hand.

20 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Odd, ok. Appreciate the replies gents. I'll probably stick to another classifier so I don't get burned at the stake for the 50 yard shots...I shoot PCC :devil:

Actually fixed time stages are perfect for introducing 50yd shots. With no penalty for misses the shooters that less are skilled are very unlikely to zero the stage.

21 hours ago, tanks said:

At the NAZC match that was one of the confusing things. The RO stated that while stacking is allowed if you take an extra shot you will be penalized. Didn't make sense to me though I didn't make the six shots anyway. Got two procedurals one for 6.01 and another for 6.03 during COF on the last shots.

You should not have received overtime shot penalties, and they are not procedurals.  Know the rules.

Where static scoring paper targets are used, a shot (or shots) fired more than 0.30 seconds over the set time, will be considered overtime. For example, if the time is 5.00 seconds, a shot(or shots) at 5.31 seconds or more would be considered overtime. Overtime shots will be penalized the maximum possible scoring value of each shot so fired. If the overtime shot results in extra hits on the target, only the specified number of shots may be scored.

1 hour ago, wide45 said:

You should not have received overtime shot penalties, and they are not procedurals.  Know the rules.

Where static scoring paper targets are used, a shot (or shots) fired more than 0.30 seconds over the set time, will be considered overtime. For example, if the time is 5.00 seconds, a shot(or shots) at 5.31 seconds or more would be considered overtime. Overtime shots will be penalized the maximum possible scoring value of each shot so fired. If the overtime shot results in extra hits on the target, only the specified number of shots may be scored.

Good info on the rule book and I agree.  However, the stage in question is 5.7 sec par time.  Therefore his penalties are correct.

8 hours ago, bishop414 said:

Good info on the rule book and I agree.  However, the stage in question is 5.7 sec par time.  Therefore his penalties are correct.

I missed that the string times were 5.7 sec so the overtime penalties are in order. 

The penalties are not procedurals and are worth 5 points or less depending on the hits on the target in question 

On 5/24/2018 at 12:18 PM, MikeBurgess said:

When I shot this a couple years ago on the weak hand string I had to shoot the 6th shot into a different target to avoid a penalty as I had dropped one from 50yd line onto the target I was shooting weak hand.

same here at last falls WSSSC. fortunately i could see the holes from the line for the weak-hand string. I also rushed the last weak-hand shot and dragged it over into the target to the right, thus screwing up what should have been a top 10 score or better.  after thinking a bit, i changed my stage plane for the next time and shot the bottom targets from the 50 and 25 yard line, then top left for strong hand, and top right for weak hand. I think this is a fun stage, but if i ran it at my local club I would use real american targets instead of the sissy euro ones.

same here at last falls WSSSC. fortunately i could see the holes from the line for the weak-hand string. I also rushed the last weak-hand shot and dragged it over into the target to the right, thus screwing up what should have been a top 10 score or better.  after thinking a bit, i changed my stage plane for the next time and shot the bottom targets from the 50 and 25 yard line, then top left for strong hand, and top right for weak hand. I think this is a fun stage, but if i ran it at my local club I would use real american targets instead of the sissy euro ones.
I like those sissy euro targets.
What would be fun is shooting it with turning targets so you don't get to look till it's over

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk