Glock to CZ back to Glock!!!!!

GARD72977

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I own a Glock 19x and it is a great gun. I also own a CZ Shadow and love it. Prior to both of those I shot a G34 and it was a good gun, but my main competition gun is my CZ. I love the feel, the grip and how it shoots. I don’t regret switch and looking at a Stock 2.

Personally I don't think I'll ever opt for a competition non-glock until my carry gun is a non-glock.

There is a lot to be said about splitting practice time across multiple platforms. Yes the fundamentals always carry over between makes but it's a great feeling to shoot a match with my G34 and then go home and put my G26 or G19 on for carry. I'm sure the CZ's and Tanfo's rock, I just don't want to learn another platform and at the same time dull my skills with my carry guns. 

On 8/14/2018 at 3:11 PM, SCTaylor said:

bulls#!t. Several guys have and/or do run them to wins in section and area matches.

I knew someone would take the bait... I love glocks. people say that all the time but then coley comes through every time

• 2 weeks later...

For Production, I have a tricked out SP01 Shadow from CZ custom, tricked out Tanfo LimPro and stock 2 from Patriot Defense, and a Stock gen3 G34. The triggers on the non-Glock guns are nicer than the G34, but I can shoot the Glock faster.

I shot the G34 for years before I got the other guns. I thought the better triggers and heavier weight would be more comfortable to shoot, but I still shoot the Glock faster (splits and transitions). I always thought of the Glock grip angle as making it harder to get used to the other platforms and never thought about the grip angle actually helping with recoil control.

Plus the square grip of the Glock locks into my hands better than anything else, including a Brazos custom 2011. I’ve only shot the stock 2 a few times and liked it, but I’m nowhere near feeling comfortable with it.

I just got an STI Trojan to try out single stack for a while, but I think I will come back to a Glock for production.

Glad to know I’m not the only one that keeps coming back to the G-rock.

I was running a xd and did great with it, then started shooting a buddies g34 and was out running my self. Now I shoot a g34 gen 4 in every thing and am killing it 85 percent first place in uspsa limited with it this year. 

P.S. if any one thinks Bob Vogels glocks are stock triggers your foolish, I've personally shot several of his when I took a private class and there isn't a stock trigger in the bunch. Not taking anything from Bob because he is a incredible shooter. He also runs a striker spring so light it will only run fedral primers. 

Switched about 9 years ago from SA/DA Sigs to Glock and shot much better, especially 1st to2nd shots.  Just took a little getting used to the new grip angle.  Bought a CZ worked over by CGW.  Definitely more accurate but doesn't feel "right" or as natural.  Just going to use it for Fire/police games because of the accuracy at the 25yd line.  Will stick with Glock for 3 gun.

Edited by diversmith

• 4 weeks later...

went from glock to  my  squadron of  CZ tactical  sports  for  uspsa.....went  back  to  glocks  for  one  reason,and  it's  the  fact  the  CZ  is  way  too  heavy  to  carry  around  in the  wait  for  my  run.  sure  enough  the  cz is  more  accurate  at  distance, but my  glocks  are  accurate enough for  such  game.  if  i  was  competing in steel  chalenges,would  try  to  find  a  way  to  make   the  ceezee  less  of  a  pain to  carry  around.

36 minutes ago, sigsauerfan said:

went from glock to  my  squadron of  CZ tactical  sports  for  uspsa.....went  back  to  glocks  for  one  reason,and  it's  the  fact  the  CZ  is  way  too  heavy  to  carry  around  in the  wait  for  my  run.  sure  enough  the  cz is  more  accurate  at  distance, but my  glocks  are  accurate enough for  such  game.  if  i  was  competing in steel  chalenges,would  try  to  find  a  way  to  make   the  ceezee  less  of  a  pain to  carry  around.

Indeed, my hip doesn’t ache carrying the Glock around an entire match.  Can’t say that about my Tanfoglio.

On 10/8/2018 at 10:39 AM, sigsauerfan said:

On 10/8/2018 at 11:18 AM, Catmanduex said:

Indeed, my hip doesn’t ache carrying the Glock around an entire match.  Can’t say that about my Tanfoglio.

At least in SC you have tables next to the shooters box for PCC's, rimfire and such. I like to put my G34 back in my bag after shooting and take off my outer belt while waiting for other shooters. Not having that gear on makes a difference at the end of the day. 

11 hours ago, SweetToof said:

At least in SC you have tables next to the shooters box for PCC's, rimfire and such. I like to put my G34 back in my bag after shooting and take off my outer belt while waiting for other shooters. Not having that gear on makes a difference at the end of the day. 

i  was  thinking about  suspenders  for  when i  use  my  tac sports  at the match....while  it  would  stabilize  the  set up  around  my  waist,and i  would  feel  the  weight  much less,thinking  about  how  i  would  look   with suspenders  kept  me  away   from realizing the project lol....

1 hour ago, sigsauerfan said:

i  was  thinking about  suspenders  for  when i  use  my  tac sports  at the match....while  it  would  stabilize  the  set up  around  my  waist,and i  would  feel  the  weight  much less,thinking  about  how  i  would  look   with suspenders  kept  me  away   from realizing the project lol....

How old are you?

After a certain age, suspenders fit right in!!

Plus they probably come in some cool camo styles.

Edited by Paul49

18 hours ago, Catmanduex said:

I’ve tried the suspender thing, it does help distribute weight but the shoulders get tired.  Maybe at 70 I’m just too old for this game.

Don't say that!!

I'm turning 69 in December and am in full denial until my foot speed betrays me.

Yes. Denial and a Glock 19. I also cut back to 5 mags. It is a big gain after a .45 with 6 or 7 mags.

After a few stages in the Florida sun you can really appreciate the difference.

I’ve been shooting glocks for years, love them. But I just recently bought a cheaper 2011 limited gun (sps pantera) to get my feet wet and see if I like the platform. Was planning on still shooting my open Glock, as I shoot 75% or more 9mm. Only took a few weeks before I wanted a 2011 open gun. The triggers really are just that much better. And my Glock has a great trigger for a Glock, breaking right around 2lbs. I find the 2011 points just a bit more naturally. 

Im not looking forward to not being able to do work on my own gun. With my Glock there isn’t anything I can’t do. I love it. I have a massive box of extra glocks parts so the gun is never down for more then 10 mins. 

Will see if I feel like y’all in a year or two and come back to glocks. 

plus,  who doesn’t love 20 dollar new mags  that run right out of the box and are the most rugged and durable on the planet. I bougght 2 mbx 40 mags the other day, for almost 300 bucks and I couldn’t stop thinking i could be buying 15 Glock mags for the same price. 

There is no doubt the CZ is more accurrate. I drive the Glick harder and feel that I shoot it more accurately especially on the move. I have lost the "Want" to shoot USPSA. I just bought A 24 to try Limited. Hoping to get a match in before long. 

1012181159.jpg