GARD72977

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Before I started shooting matches my first handgun was a CZ75B and I loved it. Sold it for a Glock to start competing due to the shear simplicity and availability of parts.

Compared to other guns shooting Glock is second nature now, but I'm feeling the urge to get back into CZ because they feel and look so good. Glock will remain a staple platform for me though.

• 1 month later...

I haven't tried CZ...but I did give a couple Sig P226s a go.  I really wanted to like them...just hated the bore axis...and just didn't want to train with them enough to get good with the DA SA triggers.  In the end I went back to Glock too.

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot Beretta, then Glock for IDPA, self defense and on dutty. After retired from force I buy a Tanfoglio and then a CZ for IDPA. In 2018 I've returned to my G34 for competition. My CCW ia a G19 and it make sens to use the same platform for competition an self defense. Tanfoglio it was much faster for rapid shoots but I can acomodate with him to become my second nature as Glock 17. I plan to buy a G17 gen 5 for competition and self defense too.

• 2 months later...

My journey began with an M&P, then an M&P Pro.  Finally seduced by the 2011, I switched to an STI DVC Limited for about two years.  Last weekend I had two stoppages due to fickle 2011 magazine issues, the last of several that have blown stages for me.  I don't need help wrecking my scores thank you very much.  I just realized I am not having fun and I do not have the time to tinker-fiddle with expensive magazines in the hope they don't let me down.  Again.   I shoot with two other guys with M&Ps, including my old Pro, and it occurs to me that they have never cleaned their magazines in 4 years.  Not once. To be clear, the STI has been brilliant and is wonderful to own and shoot, it's not at fault, I am.

Today I picked up a new Gen 5 Glock 34 MOS FS and I think I'll like it.  I already had a bunch of mags from my Glock 17 and several extended ones for my PCC so it seemed a natural.  I hope to begin the transition back to having fun this weekend as I try and learn to not see the top of the slide every time I point the Glock.

I also started 10 years ago with a Glock 17 for self defense and competition shooting.  Over the years I gone from M&P to CZ thinking it will help me shoot better in competition.  I am now back to my Glock 17 Gen 4.  The Glock 17 is a great self defense handgun and works just a good as the M&P and CZ for competition shooting.  I could have saved myself a lot of money buying different guns, but I have had fun doing it. 

• 3 weeks later...

This all sounds familiar, I made the switch to a shadow and returned to a glock. To be fair, I didn't give the shadow much of a chance, I could have committed to it and changed but I did not see any big advantage in the short amount of time that I shot it.

In my case it's been Glock to Tanfo to Glock to CZ back to Glock.  After 10mo with the shadow 2 I finally sold it yesterday.  The S2 is an incredibly well built gun and easy to shoot.  I just found I could shoot my Gen 5 as well with a better ease of ownership.  Another huge thing was being able to shoot in many different types of competition and divisions with the same gun.

Glocks suck.  Sorry, not sorry.

Tried to like them for 2 years then one day picked up a CZ 75 in trade for a shotgun I had no use for.  Glocks went buh bye never to return.

Edited by elguapo

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2018 at 6:40 PM, GARD72977 said:

I started with A Glock 34 shooting IDPA and loved it. I bought a CZ Sp-01 and immediately hated the gun. I could not draw it without putting the safety on. Keep working with it and became ok with the change. The Shadow 2 came along so I bought one. 

Long story short I was shooting a few Glocks at work and and realized how much I love the gripe angle of the gun. Went to the gun store today and bought a new gen 3 17

I quite dryfiring the CZ. I just never was able to really make the change. Can't wait to get back after it with the Glock!

I can do ya one better lol. I went Glock to Tanfo back to Glock then dabbled again with my Tanfo and ultimately went back to Glock. When shooting minor there is much to be said about what feels familiar being that the recoil isn't much. 

• 1 year later...

I have a Gen 5 G34 MOS and have had many CZ 75s, Sp-01s and Shadows.  However, I have only handled (not owned) an S2.  The G34 will fill up your hand  more. Most likely, it will feel bulkier and not as comfortable as the CZ.  Does that mean the CZ shoots better than the G34?  Not necessarily. I am growing to like my G34 more and more.  It has been a love hate relationship.  However, trending more towards love.  

I know what you all are saying. I have shot glocks since I started and always thought I was at a disadvantage because of the weight. I tried CZ and went back, then most recently I bought the x5 Legion and gave it 3 months and about 3K rounds to see if it helped me. The extra weight made a noticeable difference on felt recoil but I did not like the straight gip angle and higher bore axis. I may not have given it enough effort and time to be fair but I am back to shooting the glock for now.

Nothing ventured nothing gained I guess.

On 10/11/2018 at 7:33 AM, Catmanduex said:

I’ve tried the suspender thing, it does help distribute weight but the shoulders get tired.  Maybe at 70 I’m just too old for this game.

I hope not! That’s how old I am!

On 5/16/2020 at 6:32 PM, telligentgunner said:

Who can tell me how the grip angle of a Glock 34 MOS compares to the grip angle of a CZ Shadow 2 Optics Ready?

They are not very close. I didn't shoot optics.

18 minutes ago, CZGeoege said:

Lol best comment ever.

When you go to the drag strip never underestimate the old primer painted car. Sometimes the plain ones are faster than you think.

I will shoot the Glock instead of posing with a 2011

(Part of me keeps looking at the classifieds for a 2011 though......)

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 6:32 PM, telligentgunner said:

Who can tell me how the grip angle of a Glock 34 MOS compares to the grip angle of a CZ Shadow 2 Optics Ready?

Night and day, but with a couple of practice draws I can switch between them in the same practice session or match if needed. I think the grip angle argument is usually in your head. 

17 minutes ago, tdp88 said:

I think the grip angle argument is usually in your head.

Agreed. I've heard a lot of people say that if they close their eyes and draw the gun, when they open their eyes the Glock is pointing high. 

I always ask, "So what? Do you actually shoot with your eyes closed?" Use the sights.

• 3 weeks later...

I shoot Production at European IPSC 2019 with Shadow 2. Here I had 2-3 accidental pressed the magazine release button with my lefty - who stays very high, as for Glocks (I have big hands too). This was on the course of firing, and had cost me lots of seconds. With S2 the first hurry DA shot is very seldom an A.

So I plan to shoot few training stages with G17 vs Shadow 2, trying to push myself with both as in the match time. I do that versus, for conventional drills and there is almost no difference between them. For self defense scenario and instinctive shooting Glock is a winner for me.

Edited by Uomu