Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock to CZ back to Glock!!!!!

GARD72977

I started with A Glock 34 shooting IDPA and loved it. I bought a CZ Sp-01 and immediately hated the gun. I could not draw it without putting the safety on. Keep working with it and became ok with the change. The Shadow 2 came along so I bought one. 

Long story short I was shooting a few Glocks at work and and realized how much I love the gripe angle of the gun. Went to the gun store today and bought a new gen 3 17. 

I quite dryfiring the CZ. I just never was able to really make the change. Can't wait to get back after it with the Glock!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Man I went Glock 19, Glock 34, CZ Shadow, Glock 35, Tanfoglio Stock 2, Back to Glock 24 in limited.  Just always feels like home when I shoot the Glock.  Trigger and ergos are not as good but I shoot it better what can I say.  

Did the same thing... put 30K thru a G34, then tried a CZ SP01... couldn't get used to the weight, transitions were slower, didn't put in the effort to make the DA/SA transition easy...was easier to go back to Glock.  If you prefer the Gen3s, now is the time to put a few away... Glock is only doing "occasional" runs of Gen3s for the CA market, and that will only last until they drop off the Handgun Roster.  Gen3s already unavailable at LEO/MIL distributors, I bought the last G34g3 at GT Distributors in January, and my local cop shop can't order Gen3s from Glock anymore.

I didn't pick up a Glock anything for 2 whole years, shot CZ's exclusively. Picked a Glock up last month and ran the fastest time ever on a plate rack. I feel that once you master the Glock trigger you will always shoot them faster than anything else. I love my CZ's but i shoot the Glocks much faster.

On 5/22/2018 at 7:40 PM, GARD72977 said:

I started with A Glock 34 shooting IDPA and loved it. I bought a CZ Sp-01 and immediately hated the gun. I could not draw it without putting the safety on. Keep working with it and became ok with the change. The Shadow 2 came along so I bought one. 

Long story short I was shooting a few Glocks at work and and realized how much I love the gripe angle of the gun. Went to the gun store today and bought a new gen 3 17. 

I quite dryfiring the CZ. I just never was able to really make the change. Can't wait to get back after it with the Glock!

Everything you state here is exactly my feeling 100%.   I'm glad you posted this because I thought I was the only one and everybody I told didn't understand it.

The Glock Grip angle Locks in my grip better than anything and always hit the safety on my draws on CZ's Tango's etc.. I draw the Glock and shoot, it's lightweight,

it's accurate, there's aftermarket parts everywhere and they are a dream to work on and are cheap..  

I got all y'all beat on switching back and forth. 

Glocks are totally adequate and then some!

For me, the only issue is the mags hang up on me.  It has to be my fault but I just don't have that issue with any other gun. 

I will probably switch back to production next year. I doubt I'll be shooting a Glock though. Gonna be a Tanfo or CZ. 

22 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

I got all y'all beat on switching back and forth. 

Glocks are totally adequate and then some!

For me, the only issue is the mags hang up on me.  It has to be my fault but I just don't have that issue with any other gun. 

I will probably switch back to production next year. I doubt I'll be shooting a Glock though. Gonna be a Tanfo or CZ. 

Take a look at the Grand Power X-Calibur..  Best out of the Box Production Gun.. It shoots Flat and has a Competition Trigger. The gun needs nothing.

12 hours ago, GARD72977 said:

Not interested in looking at anything else. I have decided I want glock to play around in Limited too. 

I have drank the kool-aide and looking for another glass!

I've got a like 24 I'll sell you. ?

while  my  tactical  sport  fit  my  hands  perfectly,i've  never  felt  good with  the  shadow  1  or  2.  all  the levers  were  in  my  grip's  way.  i  still  have  4  fully  mod'ed  glocks  for  limited  . i'm trying   my  TS's  for  limited  which i  see  as  a  change  for  a  change,   but honestly  i  too  feel at  home  with my  glocks, so  i  might get  back  to  my  35  and 22  in the  next  few  months  . 

I switched from glock to a CZ TS for Limited, and I'm glad I did because the trigger helps a lot.  Recently I put together a sweet shooting SP01 clone for production,  and surprisingly I was left thinking that a striker fired pistol is ideal for production. And I still think the glock grip angle beats anything out there for controlling recoil.   

7 hours ago, CZ173 said:

I did the other way around, cz to glock and back to cz. I even got a $2k+ zev glock 34 and just not for me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ZEV  guns  are  great and  very smooth  shooters.best  glock money can buy for limited. 

the only  catch in there  being   the lightened  slide   instills  a  snapier  muzzle  flip  which is  something people  don't expect at first.adding a  frame weight  and thumb rest  on such   worked  glock is  nealy mandatory unless  you're bob vogel.

ZEV  guns  are  great and  very smooth  shooters.best  glock money can buy for limited. 
the only  catch in there  being   the lightened  slide   instills  a  snapier  muzzle  flip  which is  something people  don't expect at first.adding a  frame weight  and thumb rest  on such   worked  glock is  nealy mandatory unless  you're bob vogel.
The recoil was actually nice, everything else not so much

2 minutes ago, CZ173 said:

The recoil was actually nice, everything else not so much

can you  be  more  specific  about the '''  everything else,not so much'''?

Edited by sigsauerfan

can you  be  more  specific  about the '''  everything else,not so much'''?
I guess the biggest thing is that, to me is not worth $2k+. In order to get a nice trigger pull then the reset is not positive or it will not reset at all. And then you compare it to a stock cz tactical sport and you realize you spent $1k too much

4 minutes ago, CZ173 said:

I guess the biggest thing is that, to me is not worth $2k+. In order to get a nice trigger pull then the reset is not positive or it will not reset at all. And then you compare it to a stock cz tactical sport and you realize you spent $1k too much

ah!!

i  understand  your  claim then.  i  own 2v   tac sport too,in fact, i'm trying it at the games  since couple months  with some  success.  BUT,my  glocks  feel  better in my hands.i  shoot my  glocks  a  little  better  than my tac sport.  maybe the extra weight is  killing  my  transitions  . i'm quite positive  i'm gonna  get back  with my  highly  mod'ed  limited  glocks. it just fits  my  hands  better,  no levers  in the way, no  safety........glocks  just fits  me  well.

Edited by sigsauerfan

I am very comfortable with my G34, 17, 19 and 26 for each of their intended uses but my 42 and 43 not so much. They are just too small and I am the least accurate with those itty bitty ones. Therefore, I abandonded ship in favor of a SIG P365 with zero regrets.

Pretty much the same. Had a tuned stock 2. Prefer glocks. Have been trying a bunch of other polymer guns like M&Ps, vp9’s, PPQs, etc. the VP9 and PPQ are pretty sweet but their ergos don’t lend themselves to fast shooting like a Glock. 

Well, I just went the opposite way. Started CO with a Glock 34, then dropped the dollars on a CZ Custom SP-01 Shadow. Have been shooting really good with the CZ, and last weekend I went back to the Glock 34. 

Dear Lord I shot like a drunk monkey on a roller coaster......I swear I just cannot adjust to the grip on a Glock. I think the other weird sensation is expecting the feel of the double action pull that the CZ requires on the first shot  causes issues on the Glock even though there is no DA pull.

Gladly back to the CZ, but to each his or her own. We have a shooter here in production that beats high end open guns using a Glock............

There is something just nice and simple about Glocks. I've also come to appreciate the factory trigger components. Bob Vogel proved you can take a factory Glock to national wins so I feel it is worth trying. 

Other things that I like:

-I like how simple the sight picture is. You have the sights and a simple rectangle beneath

-the grip angle. Compare that to Beretta 92's which I also like but have tiny sights and levers on the slide

-the controls are in the right places with oem options in the right sizes, I cannot stand the huge slide lock/release levers on other guns

-the price of mods; you can of course go way down the rabbit hole with titanium strikers and things like that but basic things like a grip plug, extended mag release, regular slide stop, and die cut grip tape are all cheap and I don't think you need much beyond that (aside from sights)

-you can actually use your self defense gun for competition and vice versa as proven by Bob Vogel, I'm not sure that would be a good idea with some of the shadow 2's or other guns out there (especially 2011's)

-you can completely disassemble with an Allen wrenche/pen/etc

-literally do not care if they get scratched or scuffed, on Glocks they build character, on other guns they build frustration