Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 CGW vs CZC mods

JunotFranco

I am starting this thread because I am overwhelmed by all the things going on here with Shadow 2. There is a spaghetti of information that is driving me insane.  So first things first, CGW parts or CZC parts? Disconnector for short reset and reduced pre travel, springs (what weight) etc etc etc. Thanks for your help.

You probably don't need a lot of parts to get an amazing trigger.  Try an extended firing pin, a 10# or 11# recoil spring, an 11-12# hammer spring, and a reduced power trigger return spring.  You can also add a floating trigger pin.  Try these and you may decide you don't need anything else.

1 hour ago, Almo said:

You probably don't need a lot of parts to get an amazing trigger.  Try an extended firing pin, a 10# or 11# recoil spring, an 11-12# hammer spring, and a reduced power trigger return spring.  You can also add a floating trigger pin.  Try these and you may decide you don't need anything else.

This.

I installed the following and I’m very satisfied with the results.

11.5 # hammer spring

extended firing pin and reduced firing pin spring

reduced trigger spring

floating trigger pin

reinstalled the T1 disco, I dint like the RRK disco

10# recoil spring

polished the trigger mechanism using professor Atlas tutorial

DA  is 5# 4.3 ozs

SA is 1# 9.9 ozs

Professor Atlas' tutorial on polishing is great.  I didn't do it on my Shadow 2 yet because I didn't think it needed it.  I may do it for grins when I have some time on my hands.  However, I did it on a Shadow that already had a professional trigger job, and it still made a noticeable difference.

On 5/23/2018 at 7:09 AM, Almo said:

pretty much did this and im happy. 

CGW and Patriot Defense and CZCustoms and Automatic Accuracy are all great, reliable sources. Alex Gutt said he really likes the work Matt at AA did to his Shadow 2 so you may want to look there if you want someone else to do the work. If you're just looking for some basic changes to start with, the CGW UltraLight kit is a good place to start.  And you may not need anymore than that, but if I was ordering from them, I'd also get a trigger return spring and floating trigger spring while I'm at it to save the postage later on. Then you can always look at hammers, grips, etc... and have fun going down the CZ rabbit hole!