Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
fishwalker

Stock 2 sights

Recommended Posts

I was looking to replace my sights on a stock 2.  Anybody have suggestions on which ones to get  and do you have to replace the rear sight also . Thanks for the help 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dawson .100” wide and between .140” and .180” tall, depending on whether you want the rear really low, in the middle of it’s adjustment, or up tall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just put the Dawson .100" on my Elite Limited. I like it.

If you get the Dawson sight, make sure you find that tiny little plug in the plastic pouch. It sits over the hole in the top of the slide and gives the much smaller set screw that Dawson uses something to push against. I completely overlooked mine but used red Loctite on the bottom of the new sight so it's probably not going anywhere, anyhow.

Edited by MikieM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MikieM said:

Just put the Dawson .100" on my Elite Limited. I like it.

If you get the Dawson sight, make sure you find that tiny little plug in the plastic pouch. It sits over the hole in the top of the slide and gives the much smaller set screw that Dawson uses something to push against. I completely overlooked mine but used red Loctite on the bottom of the new sight so it's probably not going anywhere, anyhow.

That plug you mention must be a new thing? I never had that couple years ago when i got sights from them for my tanfo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was a new one on me, too. And it is tiny. 

I can't find the one I had. Maybe someone around here has one and can send a picture.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I switched to the Dawson after not liking the Extreme option.  Right now I'm running the .090"x.150" but thinking about changing to a little taller (.160" or so) as my rear sight is still pretty much bottomed out.  

 

After the initial install (sight came loose) I had to get more aggressive and peen the sight edge, use red loctite, and make a small brass plug so the set screw had something to dig into. 

 

@MemphisMechanic Whats the rationale for the .100" over the .090"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, pbRex said:

I switched to the Dawson after not liking the Extreme option.  Right now I'm running the .090"x.150" but thinking about changing to a little taller (.160" or so) as my rear sight is still pretty much bottomed out.  

 

After the initial install (sight came loose) I had to get more aggressive and peen the sight edge, use red loctite, and make a small brass plug so the set screw had something to dig into. 

 

@MemphisMechanic Whats the rationale for the .100" over the .090"?

 

pbRex, what did you not like on the Xtreme sights? Where is the Dawson better (should I change?)

regards,

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the Dawson on my other pistols (partridge versions) because the front facing part of the sight has a recess for the lite pipe so that you get a nice, crisp, even dot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Fasthenk65 The Extreme sight didn't allow enough light for the FO, it was a dim dot.  Compared, the Dawson has a much brighter dot which you can get very crisp. 

Edited by pbRex

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pbRex said:

@Fasthenk65 The Extreme sight didn't allow enough light for the FO, it was a dim dot.  Compared, the Dawson has a much brighter dot which you can get very crisp. 

Tnx!

I like the height of the Xtreme though, you have any idea how high the Xtreme sights are? 150 not enough so most probably the .160 like you mentioned...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Tnx!

I like the height of the Xtreme though, you have any idea how high the Xtreme sights are? 150 not enough so most probably the .160 like you mentioned...

 

 

Not sure on height, I'll see if I can measure this week.  I'm pretty sure the comparison has been covered before.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, pbRex said:

 

Not sure on height, I'll see if I can measure this week.  I'm pretty sure the comparison has been covered before.   

 

https://patriotdefense.com/product/egd-xtreme-tanfoglio-fiber-optic-front-sight/

 

Different heights & widths available, I think more are listed on the EG website. I think 5.5 mm is the same height as stock ??

 

If you can ever find them in stock at EAA the front fiber supplied by Tanfo is priced attractively (28 + 9 shipping + - ) .

 

I shoot fewer mikes and deltas with the wider (3.0 mm) sight options. May just be an personal problem thing, have a bad habit of calling the height of the front sight & being sloppy about calling how well it is centered side to side. 

 

Dawsons are brighter and look better when just standing around and comparing. When shooting, for me the difference in brightness does not show up on the clock or in accuracy, seems like one is bright enough and the other is more than enough. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Tnx!

I like the height of the Xtreme though, you have any idea how high the Xtreme sights are? 150 not enough so most probably the .160 like you mentioned...

 

 

Why isn’t .150 high enough?

 

I ran a .140 on mine with the standard LPA, and it was zeroed a few clicks up from being fully bottomed out. 

 

That rear sight is fragile enough that I wanted the screw run in as far as I could get it, and the leaf lower and slightly less prone to getting snagged.

 

Edited by MemphisMechanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:


Why isn’t .150 high enough?

 

Same shooter, same ammo, 2 stock 2's .

 

Stock height is good on one gun & a bit short on the other. 

 

Edit - And the rear sight blades are visibly different, one is grooved top to bottom & the other is flat-grooved-flat-grooved. Both guns purchased new. 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

 

Why isn’t .150 high enough?

 

I ran a .140 on mine with the standard LPA, and it was zeroed a few clicks up from being fully bottomed out. 

 

That rear sight is fragile enough that I wanted the screw run in as far as I could get it, and the leaf lower and slightly less prone to getting snagged.

 

Right Memphis, posted wrong pbRex didn't like 150... I have .120 on St. 2 (bit too low) and the Xtreme's on both limited's. Ordered .140*100 at Patriot Defense last night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

@IHAVEGAS not even slightly surprised.

? and I even drive an Italian Car... they are the same with electronics ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fasthenk65 said:

? and I even drive an Italian Car... they are the same with electronics ? 

bad... that is, but o do they handle!! (and look good)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Right Memphis, posted wrong pbRex didn't like 150... I have .120 on St. 2 (bit too low) and the Xtreme's on both limited's. Ordered .140*100 at Patriot Defense last night.

 

@MemphisMechanic  The .150" that I currently have (Dawson) are pretty much bottomed out with respect to the rear sight.  I ordered a .160" to see if that gives me a little more adjustment.  

 

I'm just setting up my second gun so I curious to see the comparison and how close/far apart they are. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered a Dawson .140x.100 from PD last night. Guess I will find out if I need to move up to .150 or taller.

Edited by Trinimon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/11/2019 at 7:32 AM, Slalom45 said:

What is the notch width on the factory rear?

0.115

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...