Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to USPSA: Where do I start?

• 2 weeks later...

Set aside about $10k, order a custom 38 super comp race gun, a Dillon 1050 reloading press, belt/holster/pouches, cool Oakley sunglasses, high-end electronic hearing protection, Salomon shoes, a range cart and umbrella, and spend leftover money on primers, powder and bullets, and -- most important -- a shirt bearing the logos of well known companies in the firearms industry.

You'll eventually be buying all of this stuff so get it out of the way at the beginning before you spend $20k working up to it.

This stuff about starting with what you've got, I don't know what these guys are thinking.

• 3 weeks later...

Start production and move up later. Production requires more strategy and skill building in reloading due to the 10 round max. I wish I had stayed in production longer but I am shooting limited now. 

23 hours ago, Dpolk said:

Start production and move up later. Production requires more strategy and skill building in reloading due to the 10 round max. I wish I had stayed in production longer but I am shooting limited now. 

Thanks for the advice. Its more affordable for me at the moment to probably do production anyway.