Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Muzzel break

blacklab

I was at a local gunshow today and got talking to a vender about 3 gun. After talking for awhile he handed me one of the muzzel breaks he makes and told me to give it a try and see what I thought of it and if I would give him suggestions for improvement. I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I thought I would see what other people think of it just by appearance. It does seen a little heavy in my opion @ 3.5oz since it's only 2" long. He didn't have any computer data to show how it works, but the design does look promising to me. So what do you think, just a gimmick or is he on to something with his design? It looks like it might work off some of the principals as the m4-72. 

image.jpg

That is going to be one real loud biotch! And I pitty the guy who goes prone with that thing in the dirt, he will be sandblasted and seared! Since the hook thing has already been mentioned I'll skip that, but I will say you will never need a can opener or bottle opener with that thing......only if you can get it out of your bag!?

Edited by kurtm

Imagine running a course of fire with walls.  one wrong move and that is going to hook onto one of the walls and cause you to break the 180.  That looks like an accident waiting to happen.

I’m willing to experiment with anything but if I see a problem like this at the start I’d address it ASAP.  The fact that this can be used to haul in a tuna on the line is a deal breaking problem. I get that this may still be nothing more than a working prototype/proof of concept but the finished product needs a shroud because that may affect the gas dynamics (certainly weight) and therefore test results.  

Plus, those little holes at the start are going to clog up fast enough that it will need a good cleaning session after every shooting session or those front hooks will be the only working part. I hope he’s built in a way to clean those passageways...

Edited by jkrispies

I’m still lost as to how he could’ve drilled the port across the bore to get the gas to push against the hooks. If he drilled them at the angle of the hooks then the hooks serve no purpose other than hanging on everything you don’t want them to

4 hours ago, mwray said:

I’m still lost as to how he could’ve drilled the port across the bore to get the gas to push against the hooks. If he drilled them at the angle of the hooks then the hooks serve no purpose other than hanging on everything you don’t want them to

I took a closer look at it and your right. The hooks are useless. I didn't have time to shoot it yet, but I was playing around with it on my bench. Everyone's right, it does catch on everything it gets close to. On the plus side it opens beer bottles great. So I guess it's not a total loss?

I surely thought you were joking at first look?. That 'muzzle' 'brake' is a nice table display piece for a medieval re-enactment scene.  I'm sure many hours of table top 'injineering' time went into that piece of work.  Even if it works albeit marginally, putting a shroud on any brake/compensator would immediately render it useless since the diverted gas streams would have no place to go but out the front.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2018 at 12:09 PM, Frankly said:

Both Thor and the Khan approve 

The first thing i thought was, "that looks Klingon"

It looks dangerous and i am prone to accidents so i would probably cut my hand on it.  Sharp objects like knives, sharp pokers, and hooks dont mix well with me.
that being said, for some reason, guns dont cause me problems.  its just sharp objects.  thats a good thing.

QAPLA!