Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

320 compact / carry guiderod & springs

DesertTortoise

I'm only seeing guide rods for the full size and x5, not the 3.9 inch compact / carry.

Can an aftermarket full size stainless guide rod (like Springer sells) be cut down to fit the smaller slide?

Is the Springer style guiderod (other than length) particular to the size of slide (i.e. if I put one in, will it just stick out a bit?)

I want to mess around with different springs

You would probably need to thin the guide rod "head" to match the 3.9 guns so as to maintain slide travel, and you'd lose the dual spring the short guns use. I doubt it would be worth the effort but it seems doable.

I have been looking for a guide rod for the compact / carry models myself and have only found one which was the DPM systems recoil reduction system.  I have no experience with their products however they do allow you the ability to use "different" springs.

Looks like the Springer version can be adapted for the compact / carry. The hole is larger on the compact than the full-size so it would need an adapter (like the dpm version has)

I went ahead and ordered a dpm so we'll see...

I have been looking for a guide rod for the compact / carry models myself and have only found one which was the DPM systems recoil reduction system.  I have no experience with their products however they do allow you the ability to use "different" springs.

On 5/21/2018 at 1:05 PM, DesertTortoise said:

Looks like the Springer version can be adapted for the compact / carry. The hole is larger on the compact than the full-size so it would need an adapter (like the dpm version has)

I went ahead and ordered a dpm so we'll see...

DT, I'd be interested to hear about your experience with the DPM assembly when you get it and try it out

It'll be a minute, it shipped from Greece

I hoping to take care of the muzzle diving during recoil. Compared to my CZ P07 which has similar dimensions my splits for all A's at 7 yards were about .10 slower

Sig uses the same recoil assembly for the 9 and .40 in this model which makes me think it's pretty heavily oversprung