Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Off the shelf PCC ammo

I recently moved and haven't been able to start reloading again yet, so I've been on the hunt for some ammo for my PCC that would be a reasonable power factor without breaking the bank.  I've used Peak Performance 124gr in my pistols and it makes PF in everything from my G19 to 6" STI and shoots great, but was about 150PF out of my 16" PSA PCC.  After meeting Garrison England at the Missouri 3 Gun Championship, I was checking out the website of one of his sponsors, Highland Lakes Ammunition, and came across a product that they call -P3g Ammo.  It's a 115gr projectile that's loaded very lightly for use in 3 gun since there's no power factor requirements.  I got in touch with Garrison and another shooter who has shot it in his PCC and they said that it worked great and made PF in a 14.5" JP, so I decided to give it a shot.

I ordered 2000rds of it and received it less than a week after placing my order.  I was able to get out to the range earlier this week, got some chronograph results, and ran about 500rds through my PCC in practice with zero issues.  As you can see in the screenshots of my chrono numbers, I averaged 131.6PF with surprisingly low maximum spread and standard deviation.  I didn't take a screen shot of it, but just for fun I ran some through my 6" STI and it averaged 1010fps or 116.2PF.  I'm going to be running this ammo in my next three majors and will report back after running a bunch more rounds through my gun.  I have no affiliation with HLAmmo, just wanted to help out some other PCC shooters that can't or don't reload.

Highland Lake 9mm 115grain -P3G Ammo

IMG_2969.jpg

IMG_3093.png

IMG_3094.png

IMG_3058.jpg

Atlanta Arms Select 100 Steel Challenge makes 129 PF from my Ruger PC, and is VERY SOFT. Their 115 Select Steel Challenge makes 135 PF, with a barest hint of increased recoil. Both (with a 6 MOA dot reflex sight) will hold sub-1.5 inch groups from a 25 yard bench. 

35 minutes ago, GOF said:

Atlanta Arms Select 100 Steel Challenge makes 129 PF from my Ruger PC, and is VERY SOFT. Their 115 Select Steel Challenge makes 135 PF, with a barest hint of increased recoil. Both (with a 6 MOA dot reflex sight) will hold sub-1.5 inch groups from a 25 yard bench. 

Nice.  The HL Ammo stuff was significantly cheaper, but whatever works for you ?

I recently moved and haven't been able to start reloading again yet, so I've been on the hunt for some ammo for my PCC that would be a reasonable power factor without breaking the bank.  I've used Peak Performance 124gr in my pistols and it makes PF in everything from my G19 to 6" STI and shoots great, but was about 150PF out of my 16" PSA PCC.  After meeting Garrison England at the Missouri 3 Gun Championship, I was checking out the website of one of his sponsors, Highland Lakes Ammunition, and came across a product that they call -P3g Ammo.  It's a 115gr projectile that's loaded very lightly for use in 3 gun since there's no power factor requirements.  I got in touch with Garrison and another shooter who has shot it in his PCC and they said that it worked great and made PF in a 14.5" JP, so I decided to give it a shot.

I ordered 2000rds of it and received it less than a week after placing my order.  I was able to get out to the range earlier this week, got some chronograph results, and ran about 500rds through my PCC in practice with zero issues.  As you can see in the screenshots of my chrono numbers, I averaged 131.6PF with surprisingly low maximum spread and standard deviation.  I didn't take a screen shot of it, but just for fun I ran some through my 6" STI and it averaged 1010fps or 116.2PF.  I'm going to be running this ammo in my next three majors and will report back after running a bunch more rounds through my gun.  I have no affiliation with HLAmmo, just wanted to help out some other PCC shooters that can't or don't reload.

Highland Lake 9mm 115grain -P3G Ammo

IMG_2969.jpg.afeb09c158c9c020dc39f44949da3906.jpg
IMG_3093.png.b5daf50d6f2faee554936435d63e8638.png
IMG_3094.png.c46f57dfaad802d503606d8ed6af5747.png
IMG_3058.jpg.66fcf9c93ec6e2187f3bd31479289981.jpg
Checked them. They're back ordered currently.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk