Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will Para Mags Fit?

mike4045

A friend just bought a hicap Springfield 45. I was trying to remember if the mags interchange with para or not. I thought I remember a few people using them, but it has been a while. Thanks for any info. I want to make sure I point him in the right direction.

Mike

:) a sa 45 is also what i shoot, par-ord 14-45 mags or mec-gar (model MG-14-45), are the way to go, the others are a waste of time and money, get ya a couple of dawson basepads to increase the cap and your sailing in no time, I'm waiting to get some grams internals and basepads now to try. Slap on a dawson magwell and shave off a little of the inside and the basepads fit with no problem, just about all the par-ord parts fit, this one's mine :wub: you will find all the help ya need in this forum most of the best in the gun world is here, and very helpful, good luck

post-5334-1122821209.jpg

Mike,

I have to second what G is saying. I had a P-14 (moral equivalent of what you have now) and I found that the Para factory mags and the Mec-Gar 10 round .45 mags both worked great. All the others became the mags that I would drop on the floor during dry fire. Probably the most important thing to remember on the .45 mags is that since the full side of the cartridge rolls on the mag body, they have to be completely clean to be 100% reliable. During a match, clean 'em after every use. As for basepads, take a look at Grams Engineering.. You can get 18 rounds of .45 in a para tube with one of his basepads. Beven also supports the forums, the sport, and is a really helpful guy.

Later,

Chuck

PS: Oh yeah, did I remember to say "keep 'em clean"?

I have had a Para 45 from before they made a complete gun. Mine was from the original gunsmith frame.

All my mags are factory Para except for 2 Mec Gars. All work great and I have never found them to be dirt sensitive. I clean them if I know they have fallen in the dust or mud but otherwise I am pretty bad about it. I do have extra power Wolff springs in them.

I put a S&A magwell on all 3 of my Paras. Eliminates the need to trim or shave the magwell or basepads to fit. I have Arrendondo, Grams, Dawsons, and factory Para basepads and all fit just fine. The Grams allow the most rounds (18) but are a bit harder to seat.

Craig

Thanks for the info. We got the mags ordered today. Hopefully get the gun ready to shoot a match with by next week. He plans to shoot Lim 10 so I think stock mag bottoms will work for a while.

Mike