Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA & Mark7 get married

11 hours ago, bluedevil008 said:

Dillon just picked up advertisement on Practiscore, so who gets the better end of the deal?  USPSA has ~30K members... Practiscore has 100K+ users.

Agreed.  USPSA advertising reaches USPSA members only.  PractiScore reaches USPSA (including shooters who are non-members) and every other type of shooting game plus outlaw matches.  

On 5/18/2018 at 7:26 AM, Sarge said:

Probably not for the common man.

Common men, can't afford such a luxury!   Looked at one up close at Area 6 match in April. Very nice, very expensive, very unnecessary.   I couldn't afford enough components to keep one running for just 6 hours, much less buy the press.  My Hornady LNL coupled with Mr. Bullet feeder is just fine.

On 5/19/2018 at 11:57 AM, StuckinMS said:

Common men, can't afford such a luxury!   Looked at one up close at Area 6 match in April. Very nice, very expensive, very unnecessary.   I couldn't afford enough components to keep one running for just 6 hours, much less buy the press.  My Hornady LNL coupled with Mr. Bullet feeder is just fine.

Depends. I am waiting on actual shipments to occur before pulling the trigger on an Evolution Pro. I most likely would not have done that if the 1050 I have was not such a piece of crap, bolts shearing off, having to take it apart on a regular basis to clear primer jams etc., etc..If I run it 5-6 hours a month then it will meet my needs. Not to mention not having to pull the handle is a bonus.

Now, some people enjoy reloading and tinkering as a hobby. I'd rather be shooting.

7 hours ago, tanks said:

Depends. I am waiting on actual shipments to occur before pulling the trigger on an Evolution Pro. I most likely would not have done that if the 1050 I have was not such a piece of crap, bolts shearing off, having to take it apart on a regular basis to clear primer jams etc., etc..If I run it 5-6 hours a month then it will meet my needs. Not to mention not having to pull the handle is a bonus.

Now, some people enjoy reloading and tinkering as a hobby. I'd rather be shooting.

5-6 hours would mean a little more than 10,000 rounds per month.  That will put you above the "common" shooter.  I would absolutely love to have one, but I just cannot justify it.  I can't afford to buy that many components a month, nor do I have time to shoot that many rounds a month.  It would be very nice if I could!  Having press problems would definitely ruin a day, and make a person want to do something different.   Let us know how it runs when you get it.

• 2 weeks later...

I for one will drink the cool aid. My kids can sell the press if they want after I can't reach the handle, or switch after I spend another few K to auto it. Innovation is a great thing and good for Mark 7 for jumping in. It takes a lot of brain power and money to bring a product to market so $2700 is not too bad for what you/I will be getting. Bang on!

Edited by quiller

I absolutely love that Mark 7 has jumped in the water- no, DOVE in the water, with such a seemingly great design- appears to solve the biggest issues with the 1050, and at this pricepoint, guys who spend $4k on a blaster probably won't take much convincing to buy one.

Guys who have multiple $4k+ blasters won't take much convincing to buy the Revolution, imo.

I now have an RL1050 and a Super 1050, with 1 Mk7 Pro, and I find myself really trying to hold off on ordering an Evolution.

To clarify, Dillon Precision Products was not offered an opportunity to be the "Offical Reloader of USPSA". Our query for more information regarding the USPSA "preferred vendor program" went unanswered. Regardless, Dillon Precision has no plans to change the level of support we provide to USPSA.

1 hour ago, dillon said:

To clarify, Dillon Precision Products was not offered an opportunity to be the "Offical Reloader of USPSA". Our query for more information regarding the USPSA "preferred vendor program" went unanswered. Regardless, Dillon Precision has no plans to change the level of support we provide to USPSA.

Another USPSA thing that makes me go, HMMMM. Though Dillon has NEVER provided any level of sponsorship to the matches I put on I am still a devoted user of your equipment. 

5 hours ago, Sarge said:

Another USPSA thing that makes me go, HMMMM. Though Dillon has NEVER provided any level of sponsorship to the matches I put on I am still a devoted user of your equipment. 

Have you asked Dillon to support your match?