Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA & Mark7 get married

Seems like overkill to me unless you just have money to burn and don’t like reloading. If I were in that boat I would just buy ammo?

I can load 1200 an hour comfortably on my 650 w/MBF. 

Also just seems like a slap in the face to Dillon. They really support our games and make great products.

2 hours ago, HI5-O said:

Was wondering why Dillon wasn’t the loader of USPSA. Dillon was always the loader of choice in the nationals surveys. Hmmmm...

It all comes down to money, whoever pays the most gets the "Official" title. Just think about all the "Official" whatevers of the olympics, NHL, NFL, and any other sport.

7 hours ago, Bkreutz said:

It all comes down to money, whoever pays the most gets the "Official" title. Just think about all the "Official" whatevers of the olympics, NHL, NFL, and any other sport.

Exactly this. Personally I'm getting really sick of the "New USPSA" being all about money. It use to be about marksmanship, gun handling skills, shooting. Now they just keep changing the rules to make everyone spend money on junk.

Hand loading was not even on my radar until I got into USPSA. Now it is in serious contention for my next "investment." Circling on either a Lock n Load or a Square Deal. When I saw the above announcement, I sent it to my "re-loading mentor." His reaction, "well, you'll never have to upgrade!"

Like any hobby, there is an industry surrounding it with the sole intent of getting as much money as they can knowing the consumer will freely spend in the name of "fun." It's capitalism in a free economy. Let the grand-kids earn their own money.

Edited by Mcfoto
grammar

11 hours ago, HI5-O said:

Was wondering why Dillon wasn’t the loader of USPSA. Dillon was always the loader of choice in the nationals surveys. Hmmmm...

Now there are two standards.

The official loader of USPSA

and

The loader that most people in USPSA actually use

Now there are two standards.

The official loader of USPSA
        and
The loader that most people in USPSA actually use

That's pretty funny...

I love the announcement itself. What a jumble of overused syrupy superlative cliched adjectives.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, Fossil said:

For Sale:

Mark 7 1050 X Autodrive, For Super 1050, With Optical Decapping Sensor, PrimerSense Low Primer Sensor, Bullet Detection Sensor.

Prefer FTF in the greater Phoenix area but will ship on the Buyer's dime.

Price  $2200.00 

Yeah, this isn't going to fly....

18 hours ago, EEH said:

From what I see ,,this is not for the everyday reloaded..

Actually, it IS for the everyday loader— as in: a home-based commercial loader who loads everyday.  

Good for Mark 7, you can’t fault them for a smart business move, but unfortunate for Dillon who puts prizes on our tables.  

17 hours ago, HI5-O said:

Because AFAIK Dillon hasn't sponsored any matches that I've been to. The only Dillon merchandise I've seen on the prize table were donated by Dillon vendors.

This type of competition will be healthy IMO, Dillon has been sitting on the top of the mountain without competition for too long. To the point it is common for people to buy a press and then buy a bunch of aftermarket fixes for things that Dillon should've fixed long ago. With competition we might see improvements.

5 minutes ago, Bayou said:

I still plan on buying another Dillon but I agree there may be improvements now that should have been fixed. Competition is good for the buyer.

I agree 100% with this.  What baffles me is that most of the aftermarket improvements I’ve made to my 550 and 650, mainly adding additional bearings here and there, are not cost prohibitive but are virtually essential for proper functioning, at least in my opinion.  Hopefully the competition will help in this regard.  

Edited by jkrispies

23 hours ago, Sarge said:

Seems like overkill to me unless you just have money to burn and don’t like reloading. If I were in that boat I would just buy ammo?

I can load 1200 an hour comfortably on my 650 w/MBF. 

Also just seems like a slap in the face to Dillon. They really support our games and make great products.

Maybe Dillon got the fist chance and turned it down?  You could also look at it like a huge portion of Dillon customers are in the action shooting sports and so Dillon slapped USPSA for all those years and just figured where else you gonna go .  Different perspectives on everything

PS I like Dillon just fine

Edited by RJH

On 5/18/2018 at 2:49 PM, Fossil said:

Pretty dumb move here. You can't get access to the classifieds until you have 50 quality posts and get approval from one of the moderators. Posting this in a general discussion thread is gonna ensure you never gain access to the classifieds.