Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

ETS 140mm Magazines

dkamps

I haven't been able to trust anything other than factory.. however I'm running into issues for 140mm extended basepad compatibility with the ice magwell...

I don't go cheap.. but the ETS 22rnd mags look like a great value at the price point..

Who has experience with them?

The 9mm ETS mags have all worked fine for me. They only hold 21 rounds, not 22 as advertised, but have worked well for me. The ETS 140mm .40 mags are junk though and did not work at all.

Why not use Dawson basepads? Those are sure to work with the ICE magwell.

I have the Dawson super heavy magwell, not the ICE one, but all basepads work with it. It pushes pins on TTI extensions about half way out but causes no issues and they've never come loose when dropped.

Id love to use the Dawson basepads but it doesn't look like they expand capacity anymore, or at least I cant find the ones that do on their website... or the super heavy, which is what I wanted.

I was going to run the TTI's and push the pins out.. but I could get 2.5 ETS mags for the price of one extension.

Thanks for the info! I might try them out and see what happens.

Have you cracked any feedlips? Any mag induced malfunctions?

Brownells sells the Dawson 140mm extensions, they're cheaper than the TTI too. If not in a hurry wait for the 10% off and free shipping deal they often have.

I haven't had any ETS mags crack yet. Haven't used them a ton, but don't recall any malfunctions with them (the 9mm ones at least). I have noticed if they get any sand in them when dropping them they seem like they'll feed sluggishly so you might have to run a mag brush through them sometimes.

I have like 3k between two ETS 140s. No mag induced malfunctions. I think I can cram 22, but not reloadable. Had a follower break, slide stop wouldn't have activated, not sure when it happened. Had warranty follower in 3 days, they included a spare.

If you use dummy rounds in dryfire some will get vommited when they hit the floor.

2 hours ago, Beef15 said:

I have like 3k between two ETS 140s. No mag induced malfunctions. I think I can cram 22, but not reloadable. Had a follower break, slide stop wouldn't have activated, not sure when it happened. Had warranty follower in 3 days, they included a spare.

If you use dummy rounds in dryfire some will get vommited when they hit the floor.

Awesome thanks for the info! I might buy a few for a multigun match... worst that can happen is I lose right? 

3 hours ago, boudreux said:

You can also get the magpul 21 rounders. I just picked up 2 for $15 each at primary arms. No issues at all with these

I didn’t even know about these, I’m not a fan of magpul glock mags... but the price is right!

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:08 PM, HCH said:

I have both ETS and Magpul 140s. Both have been reliable for me, although I prefer the Magpul. 

Thank you.

I just purchased 6 of the pmag 21's... I will give an update as to how I like them vs factory mag with a modified TTI basepad.

On 5/17/2018 at 11:15 PM, dkamps said:

I didn’t even know about these, I’m not a fan of magpul glock mags... but the price is right!

Yea they are well worth it. You can buy 3 at this point for what one glock mag and an extension would cost. The last round hold open isn't 100% reliable but in carry optics it hasn't been an issue 

1 hour ago, boudreux said:

Yea they are well worth it. You can buy 3 at this point for what one glock mag and an extension would cost. The last round hold open isn't 100% reliable but in carry optics it hasn't been an issue 

Good to know, me shooting Glocks in general based on my grip inhibits last round hold open anyways. Magpul glockmags have been reliable for me, just don’t like how they load lol, very minor. 

I have run 9mm mags in my 35 (conversion barrel) for 3-gun for two years. The only hiccup is that a couple of them won’t lock the slide when empty, but no malfunctions.

I tried one 40 cal to test it out. It has yet to fail me. I’ve tried to make it choke by not cleaning after dropping in soggy gravel and not cleaning, just brush out. At this cost and reliability I’m done buying $62 Glock mags and extensions when a $17 mag will do the job.

I have run stock mags with TTI extensions for limited (yes, the pins poke out a little, less if you drill a hole in the plastic well) and they work great.

I will say that I bought a Ruger PC Carbine and ETS mags will choke it to death. Maybe one or two shots then a malfunction.

18 minutes ago, loaded605 said:

I have run 9mm mags in my 35 (conversion barrel) for 3-gun for two years. The only hiccup is that a couple of them won’t lock the slide when empty, but no malfunctions.

I tried one 40 cal to test it out. It has yet to fail me. I’ve tried to make it choke by not cleaning after dropping in soggy gravel and not cleaning, just brush out. At this cost and reliability I’m done buying $62 Glock mags and extensions when a $17 mag will do the job.

I have run stock mags with TTI extensions for limited (yes, the pins poke out a little, less if you drill a hole in the plastic well) and they work great.

I will say that I bought a Ruger PC Carbine and ETS mags will choke it to death. Maybe one or two shots then a malfunction.

Awesome! Looks like I made the right choice. 

1000rnd update on the Magpul 140mm 21rnd mags.

Pros:

Cheap

Feed reliably

Does what a mag is supposed to do

Cons:

PITA to load (my biggest complaint about magpul glock mags)

LRHO isn't guaranteed, but happens the majority of the time.

No extra base pad weight

Overall: you can buy 2.5 of these for the price of 1 base pad. Durability hasn't been truly tested yet, not enough drops onto concrete. Dropped into a nice silty sand and they still run great.

Edited by dkamps