Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thinking about PCC, Here is what I have

14 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

You’ll end up building a gun with a longer handguard for USPSA. That’s the biggest thin you’re missing!

He's been debating all day at work on building a new AR. As soon as some of his other guns and gun related stuff sell locally I have a feeling he will be building a new 9mm AR.

I have looked at a lot of parts over the weekend and I think I will order a taccom upper and JP trigger. But which is more reliable Glock or Colt lower?

I already have Colt mags but if I am going to set up a new rifle I would like it to be as trouble free as possible

1 hour ago, AllenM14 said:

I have looked at a lot of parts over the weekend and I think I will order a taccom upper and JP trigger. But which is more reliable Glock or Colt lower?

I already have Colt mags but if I am going to set up a new rifle I would like it to be as trouble free as possible

I would go with Glock mags.

On 5/19/2018 at 10:15 AM, WxGuy said:

Use your AR lower and add this:  Stern Defense MAG-AD9 Glock Magazine Adapter & 9mm Upper.

I saw this and it does look interesting and I have a striped lower already

The colt mags have the advantage of not tapering to single-column feed, which is a lot to ask of glock mag’s feed lips with 50 rounds and a very long heavy spring underneath them.

There’s also an advantage on the reload: a colt mag gets slammed straight up the magwell without that funky angle.

The Glock magazine’s forward rake results in a round guided into the chamber before it clears the feed lips - if you use a good lower like a QC10.

My colt fed gun has never failed to strip and feed a round properly, though. You cannot ride the bolt foward, but if you don’t induce a malfunction like that, it works really well.

I think the key to a reliable PCC is proving to be a really good lower or mag block that presents your rounds to the bolt correctly. Some are better than others, for both Colts and Glocks.

Edited by MemphisMechanic
  • 2 weeks later...

I listened to alot of what you guys had to say and tempered it with my naivety.

It has taken me 2 weeks to get parts together but I am ready to test fire my new build. I did not go with a dedicated lower for personal reasons. and the LGS had this F-1 Chassis hanging on the wall .

Total weight of the gun is 6lbs 3oz. My wallet is a bit lighter too.

Taccom ULW Barrel, Bolt and 2 stage buffer, JP Trigger and Stern Defense Mag Block..

I picked a bad week to let one of my guys to the week off to deal with home issues :) I hope to get to the range today or tomorrow to start figuring out what loads to work on.

I have several different loads already including some 165 gr for subsonic. I  am curious what it will like. This is a first setup this type for me.

40641957120_507e2ec9d6_c.jpg

28577019258_59cca61596_c.jpg

Edited by AllenM14