Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stock 3 (Xtreme)

Considering a Xtreme Stock 3 (the new model) and like to hear if it is competitive with e.g. Shadow Orange / Shadow 2. Already have info from Memphismechanics (tnx) but like to hear more opinions.

Who actually compared Stock 3 (polished standard model with all the goodies or the Xtreme one which I am looking at ... I am in Europe..) to Shadow 2 for example? I had the Stock 2 but couldn't;t get used to the grip somehow... Grip of Stock 3 seems more similar to my Limited Custom (Witness Elite in USA?).

Tnx for any input!

The extreme model is an IPSC legal factory gun. It's not worth the extra money to most since they can tweak a non extreme Tanfo to be better. 

Is it competitive with the Shadow 2. Yes. 

The shadow Orange isn't worth the money IMO. 

I've had all of them. 

I have a Stock III XT and Shadow 2. These two are quite similar in weight and in fact use the same holster (PDR Pro 2) except the tension screws on the holster need adjusting for each. The Stock III XT slide with installed recoil spring tended to be a bit sluggish and I replaced it with the other spring included (a bit heavier) and the slide returns more quickly (not as sluggish). I like both and have used both in USPSA Production (although I'm focused on Limited this year). S3XT is a nice pistol. I like larger grips so I took off the EG alum grips and put Patriot Defense polymer grips on (but stippled them a lot to increase friction). Both S2 and SIIIXT shoot similarly to me (the S2 slide is slanted, but other than they are quite similar).

19 hours ago, Steppenwolf said:

I have a Stock III XT and Shadow 2. These two are quite similar in weight and in fact use the same holster (PDR Pro 2) except the tension screws on the holster need adjusting for each. The Stock III XT slide with installed recoil spring tended to be a bit sluggish and I replaced it with the other spring included (a bit heavier) and the slide returns more quickly (not as sluggish). I like both and have used both in USPSA Production (although I'm focused on Limited this year). S3XT is a nice pistol. I like larger grips so I took off the EG alum grips and put Patriot Defense polymer grips on (but stippled them a lot to increase friction). Both S2 and SIIIXT shoot similarly to me (the S2 slide is slanted, but other than they are quite similar).

Much appreciated! Since I like the shadow2 but cannot get used to strange grips this is what I liked to hear! Tnx!