Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Miami and western Montana...

They are two very different locations I know. But I split my time between Islamorada and Thompson falls Montana. I shoot at homestead training center often but they are not having the monthly uspsa matches anymore. I’m looking to find one in the area that is beginner friendly. I’ve shot a few but it’s been a while. 

Also in montana? I drive to Missoula often. And I’m only an hour from sandpoint idaho/3 hours to Spokane. Anything in that corridor? 

For Spokane area matches, there are two clubs, Inland Northwest Action Shooters and Sharp Practical Shooters. Both use the Spokane Valley Rifle and Pistol Club. INAS is on the 2nd Saturday, SPS is on the 4th Sunday. Both clubs' match dates are on www.svrpc.com on the calendar page. INAS is more geared towards D-B class shooters, SPS is more geared towards A-GM shooters. I'm not picking on either club, just stating their focuses. SPS also has a steel match 1st and 3rd Wednesdays from May through September (full disclosure, I'm the match director for this match). I'm pretty proud of SPS, and I'd say we have it going on. If you do 3 gun, Fernan 3 gun is the 3rd Saturday in CdA. www.f3gc.com.

In Montana, you've got the Missoula range, and Bitterroot Blasters in Hamilton. www.bitterrootblasters.com The Hamilton club has it going on as well, with good quality matches. Their Montana Mayhem match is in August this year and is well worth attending. Tri Cities in Washington has a good club also, and they put on a great sectional every year. They are about 4.5 hours from you, but worth the drive. You can find that match on the USPSA major match page.

I'm in Sandpoint, and there is nothing here, with zero chance of that improving any time soon. If you get down this way and want to blast some rounds off, I have an area where I play / train. Hit me up and stop by.

Jw thank you for all that info. I will be in touch when I get out there in two weeks. I’m in sandpoint at least once a week. My press died so I only have about 3000 rounds until I pick up a new 650 but that might be any day now knowing my habbits lol.