Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

MPX +20 mag extension by Taylor Freelance

MPX +20 Mag Extension

mpx-plus-20--red.jpg.c61fe9b27eb056f58a286d9462949c73.jpg

Has anyone used these yet? Any opinions or thoughts to share?

I'm interested because at my club, United Multigun League (was 3gun) allows PCC. And PCC has to engage ALL targets (except for the long-distance ones), and most stages are about 45-50 rounds. 

Yeah I could reload, but because my 3gunner buddies are already a little pissy about PCC invading their league, I'm extra motivated to maximize all the advantages I can get away with :) 

I have one and used it for couple practices and few matches including JP PCC Area 5.  Worked well but I could only load 49rounds to start a stage.  I could only load 47 for unloaded starts because it wouldn’t lock in place if pass 47rounds from an unloaded.  I’m not sure if it’s from the spring since I’ve only used it several times maybe about 400-500 rounds.  I’d recommend it to get some edge of the competition!

On 5/14/2018 at 6:58 AM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Springer Precision make a segmented extension pieces. Taccom make a coupler so you can join two mags together. I am using the TTI extension and they have been great. I may have to get one of these plus 20's to try. Thanks, Eric

Eric- when you give one a try let me know- Ill let you do the hard part- research!! ?

44 minutes ago, Rolex said:

Eric- when you give one a try let me know- Ill let you do the hard part- research!! ?

Hello: Going to try the Taccom coupler first on the Sig mags. The Taccom coupler works well on the Glock and Colt mags I have. I will use a 30 and a 20 first to see how they work. After that I will try the 30 and 30. I have been shooting the AR9 mostly right now so the Springer extensions may be a while on my Sig. Thanks, Eric

1 hour ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Going to try the Taccom coupler first on the Sig mags. The Taccom coupler works well on the Glock and Colt mags I have. I will use a 30 and a 20 first to see how they work. After that I will try the 30 and 30. I have been shooting the AR9 mostly right now so the Springer extensions may be a while on my Sig. Thanks, Eric

The two 30 round mags with the Taccom work very well- I shoot with a friend who uses them on those long 40-50 round stages- BUT heavy

I have only shot matches with 34 rounds so far- so looking into the TF first.

And both of us have the Sig MPX

Edited by Rolex
31 minutes ago, Rolex said:

The two 30 round mags with the Taccom work very well- I shoot with a friend who uses them on those long 40-50 round stages- BUT heavy

I have only shot matches with 34 rounds so far- so looking into the TF first.

And both of us have the Sig MPX

Hello: I have been using the TTI plus 11 base pads and they work great. I have two that actually will hold 42 rounds and one in the PCC. I mostly load them to 36-38 rounds to keep them lighter and not over stress the spring. The biggest round count stage I have run here is only 38 rounds with some steel. Thanks, Eric

At a match today- friend has his New TF loaded up for 3 days- still could only get 45 rounds into it-

Looks like the spring was just to long- he changed out to a spring that came with his TTI 10 round

mag extension then got the 50 round total into the mag-  just an FYI for any one that could use it-

• 4 weeks later...

Had the TF 20 round base pad on my MPX 30 round mag- Using my loader put in 49 rounds then it - the loader- came off-

The 50th round went in by placing it on the top round- and with a stout bang on the base pad the round went in.

The mag will not lock in on a closed chamber- with 49 it will- 

Functioned just like a factory mag- no feed issues what so ever.

I recommend this base pad- great TF product. 

Saw one in action this past weekend at a match. It did jam up once. The follower got stuck at the mag to extension transition. Probably a little knocking off any square edges on the follower would eliminate this issue. Going to have to get one...

Edited by Chillywig
  • 2 months later...
On 6/18/2018 at 2:17 PM, Rolex said:

Had the TF 20 round base pad on my MPX 30 round mag- Using my loader put in 49 rounds then it - the loader- came off-

The 50th round went in by placing it on the top round- and with a stout bang on the base pad the round went in.

The mag will not lock in on a closed chamber- with 49 it will- 

Functioned just like a factory mag- no feed issues what so ever.

I recommend this base pad- great TF product. 

Did you have to do anything special to get 49 rounds in? Did you use the factory spring or one from TF. I can barely get 44 rounds in using the spring provided by TF. 

Currently trying to load them up as far as I can, leaving for a couple of days and then unload reload. After 2 cycles I was able to go from 43 to 44. 

Thx