Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
mwray

Admitting guilt to an AD

Recommended Posts

No, I usually reserved that for local matches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 9:47 PM, mwray said:


I was watching her and the gun. The gun went off before she was down on the sight. Gun goes off. She jumps almost out of her shoes. I stopped her right then.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would have argued that's what suppose to happen with proper trigger control.  the shot should be a surprise Right?

She wasn't unsafe, hell the shot even hit the target.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I would have argued that's what suppose to happen with proper trigger control.  the shot should be a surprise Right?
She wasn't unsafe, hell the shot even hit the target.  

There is nothing safe about a gun going boom when you didn’t mean for it too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GOF said:

ROs aren't mind readers and shouldn't 'play one on the range'. There is a rule book for things like this. Follow the Rules. ROs who want to be 'mind readers'  (I've seen a few) shouldn't be ROs. Just my .02c.

Agreed 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, HickLife said:

 


Is that in agreement or no? I honestly can’t tell

Why wouldn’t safe be a word for a sport where you run and gun? That’s the point for the 180 rule, shooting over the berm, finger off the trigger when reloading and such. One screw up and someone could be dead.

If someone is good enough to be able to sprint around and shoot on one foot and not fall then good on ‘em. But I bet they started slow and built up the skill to perform like that. They also know that if they fall they are done






Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

A little Sarcasm, and the BS your saying. I been playing this game since the early 80' s. Never saw a guy DQ his self for a AD that hit the ground 10 feet in from of him, let alone one that hit the target. Some times I worry more about the person holding the timer then the ones doing the shooting.

Edited by usmc1974

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, usmc1974 said:

Never saw a guy DQ his self for a AD that hit the ground 10 feet in from of him, let alone one that hit the target.

 

I did it at a match last year, 1st time at a match with the gun, had practiced with it but after the a.d. I figured it would be best to call it a day & get in more practice time. Might have hit the target, it was not close to a by the book dq. 

 

I guess technically a shooter can not dq himself, so I talked the r.o. into a d.q. for a non d.q. offense which is probably not legal? 

 

 

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

A little Sarcasm, and the BS your saying. I been playing this game since the early 80' s. Never saw a guy DQ his self for a AD that hit the ground 10 feet in from of him, let alone one that hit the target. Some times I worry more about the person holding the timer then the ones doing the shooting.

Ain't that the truth!

 

I've seen two different RO's at level 2 mtaches not overlay a target correctly. I've only shot 4 level 2+ matches. So,.....

 

Last week he only used 1 overlay as the edge for the perf. I was like dude you gotta use the other overlay for the hole. SMH!

 

Hell, I seen someone who's CRO certified not know how to use overlays. He asked me to show him how!  He then told me he never learned that in the RO or CRO class. 

 

The guys holding the timmers are just like everyone else and will get a call wrong from time to time. 

 

OP, somds like a good learning experience. Thanks for sharing. 

Edited by B_RAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, usmc1974 said:

A little Sarcasm, and the BS your saying. I been playing this game since the early 80' s. Never saw a guy DQ his self for a AD that hit the ground 10 feet in from of him, let alone one that hit the target. Some times I worry more about the person holding the timer then the ones doing the shooting.

 

I DQ'd myself once. I surprised myself with the shot and just stopped. Had I just gone with it I could of kept shooting. I don't know if I hit the target I didn't look for holes. I was pointed at them if the round didn't hit it was close. I stopped myself admitted the shots were AD and went to find the MD to let him know.

 

That was a four hour drive home after only firing two shots.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Ain't that the truth!

 

I've seen two different RO's at level 2 mtaches not overlay a target correctly. I've only shot 4 level 2+ matches. So,.....

 

Last week he only used 1 overlay as the edge for the perf. I was like dude you gotta use the other overlay for the hole. SMH!

 

Hell, I seen someone who's CRO certified not know how to use overlays. He asked me to show him how!  He then told me he never learned that in the RO or CRO class. 

 

The guys holding the timmers are just like everyone else and will get a call wrong from time to time. 

 

OP, somds like a good learning experience. Thanks for sharing. 

 

At a level 3 last year I had a CRO refuse to put a overlay on the target. I had to call the RM just to get it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
I DQ'd myself once. I surprised myself with the shot and just stopped. Had I just gone with it I could of kept shooting. I don't know if I hit the target I didn't look for holes. I was pointed at them if the round didn't hit it was close. I stopped myself admitted the shots were AD and went to find the MD to let him know.
 
That was a four hour drive home after only firing two shots.

You sir have class and that is something this sport needs more of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

Ain't that the truth!

 

I've seen two different RO's at level 2 mtaches not overlay a target correctly. I've only shot 4 level 2+ matches. So,.....

 

Last week he only used 1 overlay as the edge for the perf. I was like dude you gotta use the other overlay for the hole. SMH!

 

Hell, I seen someone who's CRO certified not know how to use overlays. He asked me to show him how!  He then told me he never learned that in the RO or CRO class. 

 

 

I don't always need to use both overlays to score a target, especially just to confirm that the shooter did indeed get the alpha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

 

I don't always need to use both overlays to score a target, especially just to confirm that the shooter did indeed get the alpha.

In the situations I'm talking about they both would be needed or at least the one for the hole.  Both times they used the edge for the perf and said the grease ring doesn't touch. 

Edited by B_RAD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, B_RAD said:

In the situations I'm talking about they both would be needed or at least the one for the hole.  Both times they used the edge for the perf and said the grease ring doesn't touch. 

 

yeah, if you're going to deny the hit, best to use both to make sure. Luckily, there is an education process in place for such situations. Just ask for the RM to score the target. And perhaps ask him to explain that the grease ring doesnt have to touch anything for the hit to score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Several years ago, I DQ'd a shooter for firing a shot early on a table start that creased the table surface.  There were targets set up in front of the table and the shot impacted the berm below one of them, but it was an obvious mistake.  He admitted it was an AD and accepted the DQ.  Before the next stage, I was checking the rulebook and realized I could not find a rule supporting a DQ under those conditions.  I told him as much, but he declined the reshoot and didn't shoot the rest of the match.  He said if I hadn't DQ'd him, he would have stopped shooting anyway because he knew his head was somewhere else and not in the shooting.  He stayed on to help tape and score the rest of the match, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is a difference in dqing yourself and just stopping. Dq implies a violation of a rule, which for the most part, is not happening in the above examples. If you feel your concentration is not what it should be, and you stop your match, then good on you. But don't be bullied into leaving the range if you haven't broken a rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anytime a shooter is DQ'd. the rule that was violated must be noted. Was that the case?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bump fired an extra round last Sat at a match, all 3 on paper. RO mentioned it, no DQ and I didn't stop.
Guess I should give up the match win.😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, toothandnail said:

I bump fired an extra round last Sat at a match, all 3 on paper. RO mentioned it, no DQ and I didn't stop.
Guess I should give up the match win.😭

 

And return the keys to the Winnebago.  ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 9:13 PM, toothandnail said:


Guess I should give up the match win.😭

 

PCC or for real? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×