Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Predator Tactical Scarab

prwillard2

I bought a Predator Tactical Scarab 4 years ago, and shot it for a while.  Then I moved and deployed and now know that Matt was indicted.  Does anyone still shoot these pistols or is mine now worth less than a glock?

Wow, I’ve been out of the loop a bit. Had no idea about what was going on with Burkett.  I have one of the last FN SLPs he built from back in the day out of his shop.  He was easy to deal with, I sent him a message about the 3gun shotgun on his website and he called me next day to talk me through it.  He cut down the stock to fit me better based of my supplied measurements, tuned the gun, opened the loading port, worked the lifter, glass filled the opened area so shells easily slide in and fingers aren’t mangled and then coated the gun in a moss green instead of the standard FN blue color. 

Anyway, he delivered that shotgun build to me in 2 weeks.  I always wanted a handgun from him but didn’t have the funding for one of his builds.  

If imagine the value in the pistol shouldnt really be effected. Sure you can’t get a warranty coverage but with a 4 year old gun and being a second party buyer, does anyone expect a warranty to pass over?  It’s not SV money. 

I wouldn't buy it, but I'm sure there's plenty that would.  As with any gun, you won't get what you paid for it if it's 4 years old, especially if the gunsmith no longer is in business.   I don't think it necessarily has to do with his charges.