Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P365 day 1

Venti30

Picked up my p365 today and I have to say I hadn’t ever even held one before today but it exceeded my expectations in terms of performance. 

Less snappy than I’d have thought given its size, and I found that I could shoot it rather well and comfortably. I’ve got a warm up routine that includes running 5x5 drills, which I did right out of the box with this new gun. My best time through the course with my typical range gun (from low ready not holster due to range restriction) is 10.6 seconds. I achieved and average of mid 12 seconds with the p365 across 4 5x5 courses.  

My only initial feedback for sig is that for my hand/thumb size, I had difficulty with the mag release being “around the grip towards the front” but I’ll work that out.

I had zero issues, and did not change how I approached the grip. If I was going to interfere with the slide lock with my natural grip, I wanted to know it.

Have any right handed shooters of the 365 in here converted it to right side mag release?

This was a good addition to my fleet and I recommend the gun for the every day carrier. This is my new edc.

Excellent review and I agree that the mag release is a bit quirky. However, for a CCW choice it’s just fine as I don’t expect to need to reload as carried. I’ll admit to being a die hard Glock fanboy who just replaced his 42 and 43 with a P365.

I have a friend who plans to swap his mag release to the other side.  He had previously carried an HK, so it would be familiar for him to use his right index finger.  Not sure if he has tried it yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On May 13, 2018 at 3:42 PM, igolfat8 said:

Excellent review and I agree that the mag release is a bit quirky. However, for a CCW choice it’s just fine as I don’t expect to need to reload as carried. I’ll admit to being a die hard Glock fanboy who just replaced his 42 and 43 with a P365.

Did you find the P365 any harder to conceal than the G43?

14 minutes ago, HI5-O said:

Did you find the P365 any harder to conceal than the G43?

No, not at all, even with the 12 round mag. I carry mine in a Vedder Light Tuck with claw holster. This is my first holster with the claw and it really pulls the grip into your body. The P365 grip texture is very aggressive and can rub your skin raw without an undershirt.

Edited by igolfat8

9 hours ago, midvalleyshooter said:

I'm curious if the P365 is small enough for pocket carry?

I pocket carry mine with the flush fit mag all day everyday wearing cargo shorts using a remora holster. Conceals almost as well as my 938. 

• 10 months later...

Roger that, I picked mine up on Saturday and after 2 range sessions and about 500 rounds I’m pretty sure it will replace my G43, and probably the G42 as well. It’s my first Sig, and I like it a lot.