Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Witness P Match Pro?

I'll start by saying this.  I'm a 1911 guy.  I've shot Glocks and Springfield Armory XD pistols in the past and just don't shoot them worth a hill of beans.  My groups with those two look like patterns whereas when I'm shooting my 1911 pistols I'm cutting one ragged hole.

I'm going to sell my two Springfield XD9 pistols.  I've got a Service and a Tactical.

This leaves me in the position of not having a full sized 9mm pistol.  I've also got a Sig P938 I'm looking to sell to purchase a Sig P365.  I shot a buddies P365 today and can actually shoot that one pretty well.

I've been looking at the EAA Witness Match Pro in 9mm.  The 600663 model.  This is a single action hammer fired pistol which seems to be something I could shoot.  

What I'm looking for is any feedback on this choice.  It's pretty much going to be that or a 1911 in 9mm.

I absolutely LOVE mine.  I feel strange saying this about a poly gun....but it is one of my favorite Tanfoglio's.
Mainly because of the accuracy, how it fits my hands and the grips are the best I have ever had...I can really lock my hands in on it.

I makes up for the fact that I am blind in one eye and can't see out the other and had arthritis in both my hands.  

(picture is the first string of shots right out of the box before adjusting the sights)

P-Match  out of the box.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Is there any reason to get a P Match or P Match Pro when one can just get a Stock 1, Lim Prod (if can find one) or Stock II (if not IDPA).  Can the triggers in these Polly guns be tuned down as good as a steel gun?  I would be very interested in one of these if it countered the Sig P320 X-FIVE.  But I would have rather seen a striker fired 3.5 trigger in the P Match Pro and weight inserts to get it up to at least 35oz.

• 2 years later...

I handled a Witness P Match Pro (polymer frame, long slide, adjustable sights) last week.  It felt great in my hand and I liked the sights, but the trigger was not good.  The single action pull was long and I could feel multiple bumps before the sear released. 

• 2 years later...

Love this gun. Shoots straight, and soft. Large, but well-balanced and light-weight, great grip, VERY accurate. 

Has anyone replaced the front sight with a fiberoptic?

20 hours ago, Dapplegrey said:

Love this gun. Shoots straight, and soft. Large, but well-balanced and light-weight, great grip, VERY accurate. 

Has anyone replaced the front sight with a fiberoptic?

it should be the same as S1,S2,S3, SM, LM Models. =)