Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safe table

wingnut

Can you go to the table with loaded mags on your belt and unbag your gun?   Second one if your are having trouble with a mag can you work a empty mag in and out of the gun at the safe table?

2 hours ago, Smitty79 said:

Local clubs may have different rules.   USPSA only restricts local rules during the stage

I didn't know that - can you point me to the rule that says this?

Edited by StealthyBlagga

5 hours ago, Smitty79 said:

Local clubs may have different rules.   USPSA only restricts local rules during the stage. 

And we wonder why problems occur. People seem to get rules knowledge from other people who also don't know the rules. That's the only reason I chimed in here. Don't believe anything on the freaking internet.

12 hours ago, motosapiens said:

according to the rulebook, yes to both. I tend to take my mags off my belt first just to avoid doing anything dumb, but it's perfectly ok as long as the mags stay in their pouches.

you will find that most people do what motosapiens said.  me included.

36 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I worry about having a brain fart so I never go to a safe table with anything but a guncase. 

My first large match (cost me over $100 to attend - that's LARGE),

I went to the table to wipe the C-More lens, and at the last second decided to clean

one of my mags.

BOOM.  RO was all over me - very nice - he let me off with a warning - but

then came back two or three more times to reinforce The Warning.

I've NEVER mad that mistake again.

As others have alluded above, WHY bring the mags ?   Leave them somewhere else  :eatdrink:

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

I worry about having a brain fart so I never go to a safe table with anything but a guncase. No mags, no range bag, etc.

How do you case your gun without getting DQ'd  then? I usually go to the safe table with a guncase AND a gun...LOL.

49 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

My first large match (cost me over $100 to attend - that's LARGE),

I went to the table to wipe the C-More lens, and at the last second decided to clean

one of my mags.

BOOM.  RO was all over me - very nice - he let me off with a warning - but

then came back two or three more times to reinforce The Warning.

I've NEVER mad that mistake again.

As others have alluded above, WHY bring the mags ?   Leave them somewhere else  :eatdrink:

If your mag was empty then the RO falls into the category of a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

1 minute ago, Gary Stevens said:

If your mag was empty  the RO falls into the category of a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

I don't remember - it was about 11 years ago.

My guess is that it was a loaded mag, that I was wiping because

the RO was Extremely Knowledgeable - and a Very Nice Guy   :) 

Fortunately, I bumped into him the day before the match, as I was

scouting out the COF's and struck up a conversation with him - or

I'm sure he would have DQ'd me (and I deserved it for the brain fade).

On 5/12/2018 at 6:40 PM, Smitty79 said:

Local clubs may have different rules.   USPSA only restricts local rules during the stage. 

I apologize.   I was dead certain that USPSA didn't mind local rules that didn't affect beep to last certain.   It's always good to check the rule book.

19 hours ago, Sarge said:

I worry about having a brain fart so I never go to a safe table with anything but a guncase. No mags, no range bag, etc.

I totally agree with you and that's my method also. However the question was about the rule not the best procedure. The rules allow ammo loose (in bag) or in loaded magazines (in bag or on belt) in Safe Areas. If you touch that ammo its a DQ.

17 minutes ago, Brooke said:

I totally agree with you and that's my method also. However the question was about the rule not the best procedure. The rules allow ammo loose (in bag) or in loaded magazines (in bag or on belt) in Safe Areas. If you touch that ammo its a DQ.

Minor point but it is handle, not "touch". But not touching is good policy. ?

I guess it's a little concerning to me that (given the nature of this sport) some competitors don't think they make a trip to the safe table without accidentally pulling a loaded mag off their belt?  To each their own, gotta do what makes you comfy I guess.... but it seems like with just a touch of attentiveness, that shouldn't be a worry. 

5 minutes ago, Ssanders224 said:

I guess it's a little concerning to me that (given the nature of this sport) some competitors don't think they make a trip to the safe table without accidentally pulling a loaded mag off their belt?  To each their own, gotta do what makes you comfy I guess.... but it seems like with just a touch of attentiveness, that shouldn't be a worry. 

Pulling one off the belt wouldn't be as much of an issue as shuffling stuff around in a range bag and picking up a mag to find a screwdriver.

1 minute ago, Sarge said:

Pulling one off the belt wouldn't be as much of an issue as shuffling stuff around in a range bag and picking up a mag to find a screwdriver.

Yea, I agree with that.  Never understood the need to take a whole range bag anyway. 

I was just referring to folks needing to take mags off their belts before they go to the table. 

Local clubs around me all restrict ammo on the safe table. They're fine with loaded mags on your belt as long as you don't touch them while at the safe table. I see a lot of people still take them off to make sure they don't do something stupid and get DQed. 

With the limited knowledge of ROs and the mean Spirt of some of them I never bring loaded mags on my belt to the table. My Range bag with loaded mags does go, but it is not opened in a way that an RO would be able to observe. If they try to kick me out for doing so it will be difficult for them do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, L3324temp said:

With the limited knowledge of ROs and the mean Spirt of some of them I never bring loaded mags on my belt to the table. My Range bag with loaded mags does go, but it is not opened in a way that an RO would be able to observe. If they try to kick me out for doing so it will be difficult for them do so.

Under 10.5.12 they specifically can't do that, because competitors are specifically allowed to have loaded mags on the belt (but specifically cannot handle those mags).  

1 hour ago, L3324temp said:

You either have a problem with RO's in general or you have some really poor RO's in your neck of the woods. What exactly is a mean spirited RO in your opinion?

Under 10.5.12 they specifically can't do that, because competitors are specifically allowed to have loaded mags on the belt (but specifically cannot handle those mags).  

Agree but maybe 70-80% of people know this local matches?

You either have a problem with RO's in general or you have some really poor RO's in your neck of the woods. What exactly is a mean spirited RO in your opinion?

People who do not give the hits when hitting a no shoot even though the perf is broken and the A hit is earned. Or on procedural per shot when there is no significant advantage. This list goes on...