Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fire 4 Effect CZ TS

Tonyscomputery

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see that slide racker taking a thumbnail off. The work is definitely cool, like a zev glock slide. From a pure performance perspective, grip tape on the front strap and slide would be just as, if not more, effective. But if you've got the money, why not?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Looks great. Go with a fixed rear sight though if you are using it for competition. They break about every 5k rounds - either the blade pin or the section of the blade the pin goes through.

If it's a range gun, ignore this advise :)

18 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

I can see that slide racker taking a thumbnail off. The work is definitely cool, like a zev glock slide. From a pure performance perspective, grip tape on the front strap and slide would be just as, if not more, effective. But if you've got the money, why not?

I have pretty large hands so traction isnt a big issue for me. I would prefer something permanent vs grip tape. It helps that it looks cool lol.

8 hours ago, selecw said:

Looks great. Go with a fixed rear sight though if you are using it for competition. They break about every 5k rounds - either the blade pin or the section of the blade the pin goes through.

That sucks to hear. Yes it for competition. If I have issues I will move to fixed. Thanks for the heads up. 

I've heard of broken rear adjustable sights but their longevity has never seemed to be definitive. I have 6k rounds on my factory TSO sight.

OP, if you don't mind, what's to cost of the pistol?

Edited by 858

3 hours ago, obsessiveshooter said:

That's the first I've heard about the adjustable sights not lasting. I've got well over 5k on mine and it's going strong. I'm not worried about it.

I've had the hinge pin drift on my adjustable CTS - probably closer to 12K rounds through it. I just called CZ Custom and they sent me a new pin - NBD and no issues since. 

On 5/13/2018 at 12:51 PM, 858 said:

I've heard of broken rear adjustable sights but their longevity has never seemed to be definitive. I have 6k rounds on my factory TSO sight.

OP, if you don't mind, what's to cost of the pistol?

There full package is 2500

On 5/12/2018 at 11:39 PM, selecw said:

Happened to me on my TSO .40.  I'm running a fixed sight/slide racker :) on mine now.

22 hours ago, Inkw8ll said:

Do you have any pics of your racker?

LOL, the fixed sight IS my slide racker.  Just grab a handful of sight (not afraid to break  or mis-align it) and go to town.  I really only need to do this for empty start stages.

Ah, gotcha. What sites do you have, factory? I find the TSO to have a small slide that my big hand cant grab during matches at time. Empty starts or showing clear. It's always awkward. I purchased a Zig Racker and thinking of sending this to be installed by CZC during the off season

LOL, the fixed sight IS my slide racker.  Just grab a handful of sight (not afraid to break  or mis-align it) and go to town.  I really only need to do this for empty start stages.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

On ‎5‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 3:15 PM, muncie21 said:

I also do this, I really want to see if I can put some serrations on the rear sight to assist with the grip on it when racking it.

10 hours ago, Coctomus said:

I also do this, I really want to see if I can put some serrations on the rear sight to assist with the grip on it when racking it.

I have those sights on my other TS. I don’t care for the height for the sights they are like suppressor height for no reason lol. For some reason I like my front sites short and stubby

2 hours ago, Inkw8ll said:

Any chance you know if the Tanfoglio thumbrest holes are the same pattern as the factory CZ TSO?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

The hole pattern is not only different but in a different location.