Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Point Pro ??

TANFARM

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, Fo0 said:

Is there an off button on the dpp? any problems with the battery life with the auto on?

Yes, just hold the intensity switch on the top of the battery cover for like 5 seconds to power the unit off, although it’s cumbersome because your finger blocks the lens and you can’t see if it’s off or not. Personally I try to turn mine off when not in use but have forgotten a few times and the battery is over a year old and going strong. 

If the auto wake function is working correctly, it'll go to sleep, then wake up with movement. Have heard of folks where it didn't work correctly though. I shut mine off between stages. Same with my Aimpoints with 50,000 battery life. Can't sleep knowing it's on sitting in the safe.

On 4/25/2019 at 12:56 PM, shakin_bakin said:

I found that the little tape that holds the silver connector to the contacts in the battery compartment was coming up a little and the silver contact had slide down and was no longer center. I slide it up and it works again.... but probably only until I fire it once or twice.

I’m hearing rubber cement works great with it, but I’m sure will void the warranty. 

3F9EB5FA-1DD7-4877-8DEC-5D7DE7EAE415.jpeg

1 hour ago, shakin_bakin said:

Wow... thats a good idea... Sucks it will void the warranty... but I'm now pondering it...

I honestly contemplated soldering mine on one side. 

Imo that button/contact design isnt built for longevity because at least 3 of the legs need to be floating for the switch to work. Im curious to see what the new board revision looks like that "supposedly" fixes the button and dead DPP issues. Heard that was in the final testing phase at Leupold.

12 minutes ago, nick779 said:

I honestly contemplated soldering mine on one side. 

Imo that button/contact design isnt built for longevity because at least 3 of the legs need to be floating for the switch to work. Im curious to see what the new board revision looks like that "supposedly" fixes the button and dead DPP issues. Heard that was in the final testing phase at Leupold.

I just sent one off last week. I'm hoping they send me one with a new board.... but I doubt it. I'll check as soon as I get it in and get back to everyone.

I wonder if anyone has tried "goop" Its this very sticky, flexible adhesive that kinda pulls off like those 3M command hooks. I use it on plastic and all kinds of other things, but its fairly easy to remove, clean and dries clear. 

Well the one I sent off came back already. Turnaround time was 17 days from the day I shipped to the day I got it back. Looking at their stickers they had it for about 3 days before shipping it back. 

I didnt get get a new circuit board. They just gave me another piece of tape.... go another 2500 rounds and send it on again.

Hmm. I just push mine back for now. Seems ok. Cheaper than posting it back all the time. I have 2 the same. 

But I'll send it in when they have a new contact setup. I like the sight otherwise.

Though the power switch is in a stupid place.

Edited by ringram