Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Point Pro ??

TANFARM

I have 3 DPPs, one on CO gun, one on an open gun, one on carry pistol; all have worked as promised and advertised great battery life, all hold zero so I'm sticking with them.  These 3 are over a year old and still on original battery after thousands of practice and match rounds downrange, all go to sleep and awake as they should. My  RMR, not so much.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, my Dad is running the DPP on this CO set up, nothing but issues. First they are shutting off, now the replacement will not hold zero.....

I am running the RTS2 V4 on my CO rig, so far only had one with the flashing dot....

• 2 weeks later...

I've run a DPP on my CO for over a year, just now started having issues that it would shut off like a drained battery, sometimes minutes after putting a new battery in. Shipped it off last week, and found a blem/new DPP from Natchez for a killer price, so now I will always have a b/u optic. 

Like most things nowadays, especially electronics, long life is hit or miss.  

And the hits just keep on coming...........2nd DPP back from factory...reinstall on Chaos....practice about 500 rounds seemed ok...next day match..first stage complete shut down...cost me the match.

So my 3DPPmis at home waiting to be shipped back to Leupold for repair also, that makes all 3 will be sent back.

So I’m over this s#!t completely......what red dot and mount do I need to purchase to make my pistol reliable????

thanks...

I would suggest the Cmore slide ride, all if the micro dots seem to have issues for some. I had an RTS2 v4 and it quit on me. I currently have 2 DPP and they have worked great for the last year and a half, but it sounds like the newer ones may have issues. The old style cmore is reliable but it eats batteries pretty fast. 

1 hour ago, Shadyscott999 said:

Slide rides have a gaggle of issues of their own.  Reality is all red dots for pistols suck in some form or fashion.  

Maybe the least of the suck! Lol

Slide rides have a gaggle of issues of their own.  Reality is all red dots for pistols suck in some form or fashion.  
Like what? I'm new to this division and have only run DPPs on CO guns in the past. I wouldn't mind knowing what to keep a look out for.

6 hours ago, TANFARM said:

And the hits just keep on coming...........2nd DPP back from factory...reinstall on Chaos....practice about 500 rounds seemed ok...next day match..first stage complete shut down...cost me the match.

So my 3DPPmis at home waiting to be shipped back to Leupold for repair also, that makes all 3 will be sent back.

So I’m over this s#!t completely......what red dot and mount do I need to purchase to make my pistol reliable????

thanks...

How many times do I have to keep telling people that the Romeo3 solves all your problems and is a better dot.

Edited by lacivilian

Nah.  I will take the issues with the minis before I ever go back to a shifting zero, dot washing, broken mount having crappy battery life, pain in the ass to zero slide ride.  [emoji4]
Jesus, really? The only issue I've had with the DPP is the dot going out unexpectedly. It always helps zero and never broke all out. I just had to get the power button again.

If I had an Open gun to put an optic on tomorrow?

Hands down, Holosun 510c and whomever it is that makes the mount for it. I run one on my PCC and it’s phenomenal.

I run a trouble-free DPP 2.5 on my CO gun, but if I could get a 510C on it, I absolutely would.

EDIT: Holosun on an Open gun:

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 8/7/2018 at 2:16 PM, GregJ said:

I've run a DPP on my CO for over a year, just now started having issues that it would shut off like a drained battery, sometimes minutes after putting a new battery in. Shipped it off last week, and found a blem/new DPP from Natchez for a killer price, so now I will always have a b/u optic. 

Like most things nowadays, especially electronics, long life is hit or miss.  

Update.  My new/blem DPP has bit the dust as well, same problem, dot flashes and it shuts down after a few min even with a new batt.  Both have been sent into Leupold.  In the mean time, I just ordered/mounted a new 6moa Venom for my CZ/CO gun to get it back up.

12 hours ago, Shadyscott999 said:

Nah.  I will take the issues with the minis before I ever go back to a shifting zero, dot washing, broken mount having crappy battery life, pain in the ass to zero slide ride.  :)

I had to zero a slide ride last week for a mate. What a pita.

I forgot how bad it was. Need to go down. Adjust it down, now I need to go left.

Go left. Now I need to go down again.  ?

DPP adjust it left and it stays there. Adjust it down. Done.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm reading all these red dot threads as I'm looking for a new one. My vortex venom lost zero and elevation won't adjust.  Ya they'll fix it but I don't care for its lack of brightness.  But reading all these threads I'm I thought I had the DPP selected but didn't expect to see this many issues.  With only a 2 yr warranty, I may just get a vortex razor.  At least it has the vortex warranty.

On 8/29/2018 at 4:50 PM, Andyk said:

I'm reading all these red dot threads as I'm looking for a new one. My vortex venom lost zero and elevation won't adjust.  Ya they'll fix it but I don't care for its lack of brightness.  But reading all these threads I'm I thought I had the DPP selected but didn't expect to see this many issues.  With only a 2 yr warranty, I may just get a vortex razor.  At least it has the vortex warranty.

I must have missed it, but dpp only 2 year warranty? Ive had zero prob,ems with mine.

On 8/13/2018 at 7:09 PM, Shadyscott999 said:

Nah.  I will take the issues with the minis before I ever go back to a shifting zero, dot washing, broken mount having crappy battery life, pain in the ass to zero slide ride.  :)

What are you running??

On 8/13/2018 at 8:46 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

If I had an Open gun to put an optic on tomorrow?

Hands down, Holosun 510c and whomever it is that makes the mount for it. I run one on my PCC and it’s phenomenal.

I run a trouble-free DPP 2.5 on my CO gun, but if I could get a 510C on it, I absolutely would.

EDIT: Holosun on an Open gun:

How big is the 510C?

@RangerTrace pretty sizeable. Mine’s on the picatinny base for a PCC that adds 3/4” of height or so, but it’s still the largest option for a dot on an Open gun even with that removed.

The window should be down lower than the slideride’s once you remove it’s picatinny base. The body isn’t that thick. The window size is probably almost as large as the entire RTS2, including the body, so field of view would be fantastic.

Mine is 4 months old including a fair bit of dryfire on the original battery, and I know two other guys who are well over a year on the original battery. It has aimpoint-like battery life. Mine stays on all day at the range.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 8/29/2018 at 3:50 PM, Andyk said:

I don't know if they figured out the issues, but mine was repaired and sent back and hadn't had a problem since.  All the micro dots have their issues.  The Romeo 3 is the most reliable so far, but 6 months ago the dpp had that reputation too.  

I will say this.  I think leupold has its issues; their rifle scopes just haven't kept up in the current market for example, but they have great customer service in my experience.  I sent them a 10 year old mark 4 rifle scope last year and they fixed it free of cost no questions asked.

On 8/13/2018 at 5:09 PM, Shadyscott999 said:

On 8/13/2018 at 6:05 AM, Shadyscott999 said:

Scott, thank you for bringing in your experience here to remind people of the history of these dot sights. In your experience, have you noticed more failures on slide mounted sights versus frame mounted? From my understanding, it seems there are more failures when people mount the optics to a slide.