Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Point Pro ??

TANFARM

Wish and hope makers of al those micros put premium on reliability. I dont mind manual controls on brightness level and power on/off as long as they are at least as reliable as full size eg. Slideride/Serendipity. 

My observation/conclusion is, these micros are made for ARs and similar light recoiling guns but not for center fire pistols and shotguns. 

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, BadShot said:

I just back from the range.  My new DPP no longer wakes up.  Now I have 2 brand new  ones with the same problem...

Same here. The email I got back from Leupold was to: Take the battery out for at least 4 hours, then replace with a new battery...Didn't work. It also shuts off after 5 min. Then when I turn it back on, say at a match, the brightness changes. So now I turn it off after my run, then turn it back on to start. It mitigates me standing there after "make ready" and cycling through the brightness to get back to my setting. I just bought another one for my other gun. Hopefully this isn't systemic. I'll be sending the faulty one in after the season.

Edited by kipdynamite

I had the same problem, had 2 first one would not wake up put back up on and two matches later  it went out. Sent both back to  Leopold  and 3 weeks  later they were sent back with  new circuit boards , so we will  see how long they work  this time. Both only  had 4k -6 k

rounds on them

Brownell's now says they won't have them back in stock until Mid-July.   I wonder if they got a bunch of bad boards.  I sent my back up to Leupold, I hope it takes less than a month....

I have 4 of them. Two 2.5 and two 7.5. A slide mounted on open, a frame mounted open, a pcc mounted, and an extra. 

Zero problems out of all 4 of them. The slide mounted open has the most rounds. Approx. 10k rounds. 

• 2 weeks later...

Update.....nothing to report......still,waiting on first DPP returned for several issues....have a pre paid label to return second DPP for other problems. Have sent several Emails to Leupold about turn around time, status of repair....no response.

I find it difficult to believe I’m the only

customer with 3 , yes Three  DPP that don’t preform correctly. This is prime match season.......not impressed one bit!!

On 6/4/2018 at 6:56 AM, TANFARM said:

Update.....nothing to report......still,waiting on first DPP returned for several issues....have a pre paid label to return second DPP for other problems. Have sent several Emails to Leupold about turn around time, status of repair....no response.

I find it difficult to believe I’m the only

customer with 3 , yes Three  DPP that don’t preform correctly. This is prime match season.......not impressed one bit!!

Make the switch to the Romeo 3 and sell all of those. Have heard nothing but good of it. 

Received shipping notice from Leupold.....first repair on its way back.

Corresponding with really nice guy......service is just slow....hope this repaired / replaced one holds up.....

Got to much tied up in these 3 to switch to Romeo3 and mounts....at least right now..

Edited by TANFARM
Spelling

I emailed Leupold and told them I didn't want to wait for a repair since it was less than a month old and told them I think a complete replacement is in order. They did respond and told me to notate that on my return, so I decided to take it off and send it in. I just got an email saying "24 working days to repair". So much for that idea.

+1 on the Romeo 3, same mount as rts2, not sure whay magic dust they sprinkle on the Romeo, but no issues here.  I kind of would like to hear if anyone has had issues with them, maybe to small of sample size on open guns/pistols to judge, my new gun once complete will have a Romeo as well. 

Can't comment on the ROMEO 3. But several ROMEO1s (both 3 and the new 6 moa) have been prefect! There are also one of the most 'user friendly' reflex sights I've seen.... and I've played with a few.

Not that anyone particularly cares but.....receive first DPP repair from Leupold this week....replaced circuit board, other repairs. About 3 1/2 weeks out. Seems to preform properly. Getting ready to return number 2 for same problems...but my “free” shipping label is over their 30day limit. Trying to get another label.......and the beat goes on.....

Just sent mine in.  The brightness would only go up so far and was washed out in the sun.  Also have a rts2 in the shop and one that just broke yesterday.  Seriously thinking about going back to the old school slideride.  How's the brightness on the romeo's?

Edited by chenault

My 7.5 shut off during 2 separate stages in a match .. sent it back last week and now waiting the 4 weeks they said for it's return. I have a 2.5 on my open gun now and thankfully no issues so far. 

I thought I read that they knew of an issue with the older ones, something to do with the battery contacts, but I may be confusing that with another brand. 

Frustrating to say the least. 

18 hours ago, chenault said:

Just sent mine in.  The brightness would only go up so far and was washed out in the sun.  Also have a rts2 in the shop and one that just broke yesterday.  Seriously thinking about going back to the old school slideride.  How's the brightness on the romeo's?

Brightness on the Romeo 3 is great.  I live in the desert southwest under a brutal sun and I don’t have to run it all the way turned up. 

For those who have one, is the DDP 2.5 MOA dot bright enough for range target shooting? I don't want the 7.5 MOA triangle.

I guess I can know I may have an accelerometer issue down the road.

It's plenty bright.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Mine recently shut off randomly during a match and I’ve noticed the brightness dimming and going back up during recoil. Anyone else experience this? Am I better off switching my rts 2 off my backup gun? I have a slideride too on a 90 degree mount too and considering going back to it 

On 6/12/2018 at 2:31 AM, kipdynamite said:

I emailed Leupold and told them I didn't want to wait for a repair since it was less than a month old and told them I think a complete replacement is in order. They did respond and told me to notate that on my return, so I decided to take it off and send it in. I just got an email saying "24 working days to repair". So much for that idea.

Thats pretty poor. I agree that with a failed red dot less than a month old they should offer you a new replacement. Your request was reasonable.