Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Delta Point Pro ??

TANFARM

Anyone else having problems with the DPP red dot. I’m now the proud owner of 3 of theses jewels. One is at Leupold for repair...just received the shipping label to return the second one.

Units have trouble turning on....then only 3 brightness levels ..scroll through and then turn off. I know I’m old but the instructions are pretty clear about the simple operation???......didn’t think I would need a backup sight.....Operator error ??

Thanks...

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine has been bulletproof so far.

The only issues I see are:

•    Rust on the top metal housing
  • After about a few months, the battery gets a small "warn" spot where the terminal contacts the battery.  What I see is a dark warn spot on the otherwise shiny surface

Maybe they did some sort of changes throughout the development process.

Hope you get it worked out

I’ve have a DPP on my CO Pistol over a year now and it’s still going strong. My only issue is when the battery gets low it goes to sleep. At the make ready command I may have to “tap” the sight to wake it up. Other than this no problems and I have over 12,000 rounds through this set up. I am very confident in the DPP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm waiting for Brownell's to get them back in stock so I can return one of mine.  It has all the proper levels of brightness.  When you turn it on it will go to sleep in about 4-5 minutes but won't wake up again.  You have to manually turn it back on.  Each time that you turn it back on it will change the level of brightness by one step.  I tried new batteries, etc, no luck.   I plan on exchanging it for a new one.  For what they cost, I don't want a repaired unit.  My other one works like a champ, very happy with it...

I have two dpp. I think they are well made. One on carry optics gun, another was on open gun until few weeks ago. Switched to rts2, dot is dim after battery change. Going to try to send back to them. 

GJM over on PF has gone through 4 or 5 of the things.....keep in mind he is an extremely high round count shooter....but really that's what you want to know about..durability...right?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My friend has three DPP. One is mounted on the slide of a open gun. Never had a problem with any of them. I figured a slide mounted optic on a open gun wouldn't last long at all shooting 9major at 175pf.

Mine burns thru batteries.  I get about 1 steel match ( off between stages) and 2 or 3 fifteen min practice sessions.  It's often hard to turn on and hard to turn off.   What a pain. Leopold said send it in they'll test it. 

My first one, 2.5 MOA, lasted less than 10K rounds on a frame mount (9mm major gun).  Sent it back and they replaced it.  Traded the brand new one for a 7.5 triangle (needed the bigger dot).  It failed after 5K, same gun shooting mostly minor SCSA loads.  Sent it back and they replaced the board. 

While it was in Oregon, I took the time to tune my extractor/ejector and went back to a C-More on my Open gun.

The 7.5 is now mounted on a Glock CO gun.  I'm giving it 5k before it fails.  

22 hours ago, BadShot said:

I'm waiting for Brownell's to get them back in stock so I can return one of mine.  It has all the proper levels of brightness.  When you turn it on it will go to sleep in about 4-5 minutes but won't wake up again.  You have to manually turn it back on.  Each time that you turn it back on it will change the level of brightness by one step.  I tried new batteries, etc, no luck.   I plan on exchanging it for a new one.  For what they cost, I don't want a repaired unit.  My other one works like a champ, very happy with it...

I have one in for repair for the same reason.  The accelerometer broke.

K, that is exactly when you will find out you have a problem.  There seems to be some unwritten law in the universe that says malfunctions and problems ONLY occur during a stage, never when testing or practicing.

I’ve got a DPP 7.5moa slide mounted on my CO Walther Q5. Numerous matches and practice (about 3k rounds) and have had zero issues. Original battery too. I think it’s the luck of the draw with both the DPP and the Rts2. My Rts2 eats batteries quickly (10-12 hrs) but I’ve got friends that get “normal “ battery life out of theirs.

I have had two, and they have been great (bright, great battery life, easy to zero, etc) until yesterday when one just quit in the middle of a practice session. Not battery related (I put in a new one). Then a little while later the dot came back on but was incredibly faint, enough you couldn't hardly see it except in the shade. Wouldn't adjust up or down in brightness, wouldn't turn off. 

Frustrating. 

I have 3 DPP, 2 on G17 USPSA guns, 1 on EDC G19 all since Aug - Sep last year. EDC G19 carry every day all day , have never turned off battery , still going strong original batt. I have changed battery once on each of the G17s. I have not experienced any problems so far with the them.

I love mine, about 3K rounds on my open gun with it on so far, so still new.  I am not 100% sure the auto-on/off works, or if there even is one.  I leave it on all day during matches and during my practice sessions, so at least 30 minutes per day, and I have yet to have a battery die in the last 4 months.  If I did replace a battery, it was one time, but I'm not positive I have replaced one yet. 

If it's supposed to auto-off, how long does it take?

1 hour ago, Gooldylocks said:

I have had two, and they have been great (bright, great battery life, easy to zero, etc) until yesterday when one just quit in the middle of a practice session. Not battery related (I put in a new one). Then a little while later the dot came back on but was incredibly faint, enough you couldn't hardly see it except in the shade. Wouldn't adjust up or down in brightness, wouldn't turn off. 

Frustrating. 

I had the same thing happen to me.  It turns out I did not have the battery cover completely locked.  I opened the hatch, took the battery out and checked to see there was no debris in there.  When I put the battery back in I pressed hard on the cover and made sure the latch was pushed in all the way.  It worked perfectly after that.

2 minutes ago, Gooldylocks said:

5 minutes, of being completely still. like... COMPLETELY still. Laying on the counter still.

Yeah, mine definitely doesn't turn off.  I've left it on the counter untouched for 15, maybe even 30 minutes at a time and it is still going strong.  I even checked last night BEFORE I picked it up to make sure I wouldn't wake it.   Oh well, doesn't seem to be an issue.  I replace before major matches, and leave it on during the day anyway. 

1 minute ago, zzt said:

I had the same thing happen to me.  It turns out I did not have the battery cover completely locked.  I opened the hatch, took the battery out and checked to see there was no debris in there.  When I put the battery back in I pressed hard on the cover and made sure the latch was pushed in all the way.  It worked perfectly after that.

Tried it, didn't appear to help.

My second DPP will not automatically turn off even after 30 minutes .....Shot a match Saturday and it went blank after the second stage..slapped it hard and came back on....frustrating....and I’ve got 3 of them. I’ll see how Leupolds repair system works when and if I get the first one back. They kindly sent me an address label to return the second unit. 

Never had any of the problems with AR style red dots...my Eotechs have been magic....I’m sure it’s apples and oranges though.

4 hours ago, TANFARM said:

My second DPP will not automatically turn off even after 30 minutes .....Shot a match Saturday and it went blank after the second stage..slapped it hard and came back on....frustrating....and I’ve got 3 of them. I’ll see how Leupolds repair system works when and if I get the first one back. They kindly sent me an address label to return the second unit. 

Never had any of the problems with AR style red dots...my Eotechs have been magic....I’m sure it’s apples and oranges though.

Completely different kinda animal.  They're called micro red dots for a reason, and it seems like nobody has figured out the magic yet.  The Trijicon RMR's are probably the closest thing to having reliability of the full size optics, but they aren't the best for competition. 

I am just getting started with this, I first went with a Burris FFIII,, major fail couldnt even get the battery installed.  Battery was thicker than the compartment. Plus the hood makes it impossible to get straight on pressure. If I couldnt do this at my desk under a magnifyer lamp, no way Id want to mess with it at a range.
Next up was a Viper... Zeroed with some mixed  reloads, so not perfect, But easily shot 4 inch groups with some factory 9mm 124 gr ball. 
I can shoot again ! and actually hit where I am aiming. Somewhere I have some high quality 9mm 130 pf reloads but cant recall what I did with them.
will have to load some 147's up and see what I can do. Runnin an XDM osp 9mm.