Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Texas Star Order

HalRex

I have always shot it clockwise starting at the top. That being said, I’m going to try the zig zag next time I get to the range. I end up transitioning to far and shooting under the plate a lot when shooting it clockwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, telligentgunner said:

Some people start at the top and then go clockwise, letting the plates move into the sight picture. I don't like this but it's an option where you don't have to transition as much.

This method is slower.  You can get all or most of the plates before the plates start moving if you start at the top and go clockwise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My 6th match since starting in USPSA in 2016. Glock 22 with a KKM .357 sig barrel, carver comp, Ice Magwell, etc... Slow on the draw back then, but got er done. I too zig/zag, Counter Clockwise or Clockwise. Depending on how the Star is positioned at start. As long as it goes fast. This vid, I had to take one extra shot.

• 2 years later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/25/2018 at 10:48 PM, tdp88 said:

I have always shot it clockwise starting at the top. That being said, I’m going to try the zig zag next time I get to the range. I end up transitioning to far and shooting under the plate a lot when shooting it clockwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Second the clock or counter clockwise approach.  I have yet to shoot one with steel partially covered, but come the next match we use one, I am recommending that we cover part of it.  Sounds too good.  

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The best way for me to minimize the misses is 12:00, 3:00, 3:00. 3:00, 3:00.

No need to keep chasing anything.  With the longer armed stars, the spin rate is faster, and I'm not waiting per se for the steel to swing up to the 3:00 position. 

On the slower swinging stars, I'll do 12,3,  then move slightly down and get the next plate before it comes to the 3:00 position. Ditto for the 4th and 5th plates.

• 1 month later...