Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Free shot timer plans

Looks like this ol’ ipad is not going to work. Going to have to get something else up and running. Have a couple of Macs somewhere... 

The software is already written, so that is nice. My hope is that we can get one or two working models together and let shooters follow the steps to do the same.

If jrjordan would like to download the IDE onto his machine and take a look and let us know what he thinks, that would be great.

I need to order a output screen, a microphone, a few other parts. Probably from Mouser or somewhere like that. The ones I have seen at the range are usually in a blue box, so maybe something like that. 

Here’s a question: Can this be done on a iphone app and skip all the other hardware? Who has an answer for that?

I installed the IDE on my mac.  Worked pretty well and simple.      I looked at some of the app code here   https://github.com/SolemnScribe/arduino-shot-timer/blob/master/ShotTimer/ShotTimer.ino

Looks like C code, but not a big deal.     I'm not a huge ipad user, but given you might need to 'author' content, I'd want a full laptop.  Also for SSH remote access and terminal access. 

Are you asking if there is a shot timer iphone app already ?  Yes there are several;  

Ok. Ordered the microphone and display from Mouser. Found an old macbookpro laying around. 

Does not surprise me about the phone app, there is an app for everything these days.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...