Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock major with cfe pistol

duffdawg

have any of you guys made major with cfe pistol  in a Glock all the threads I've read are using 2011's haven't seen anyone shooting it in glock. from what i've read it isn't the best but i found a good deal on some so wanted to use it my gun is a g17 with carver 4port comp and a lw barrel 

Edited by duffdawg

CFE Pistol makes HOT loads, but not sure how much “gas” it puts off in comparison to the other well know powders if you are running a comp. I use it in my 380 and 9MM self defense loads. It gives me the highest velocity and good accuracy. More so than power pistol even.

In my Glock 17 Open Gun I run Silhouette. It’s cheap and makes accurate low SD (like single digit low) loads so I know that the power factor will always be spot on. Haven’t tried the CFE Pistol. I only have a pound of it.

Wow, just talked for two minutes and not sure I even helped???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CFE and WAC (same powder) accounted for i belive, something north of 60 % of the respondents on the open nationals equipment survey. So I would not say it's not a good powder. I have used it for major loads that run fine in my open GLOCK, my load was a 124 everglades hollow point loaded to 1.155 I don't remember the powder charger off the top of my head, but searching here will give you lots of loads to figure a starting load from

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

CFE and WAC (same powder) accounted for i belive, something north of 60 % of the respondents on the open nationals equipment survey. So I would not say it's not a good powder. I have used it for major loads that run fine in my open GLOCK, my load was a 124 everglades hollow point loaded to 1.155 I don't remember the powder charger off the top of my head, but searching here will give you lots of loads to figure a starting load from

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

thanks for the reply. i'm waiting on my new chronograph gonna start working up some loads when it gets here been using hs6. never shot cfe besides a few rounds i loaded for 3 gun. hopefully i can get it too shot better or as good as hs6. since it's much cheaper

2 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

CFE Pistol makes HOT loads, but not sure how much “gas” it puts off in comparison to the other well know powders if you are running a comp. I use it in my 380 and 9MM self defense loads. It gives me the highest velocity and good accuracy. More so than power pistol even.

In my Glock 17 Open Gun I run Silhouette. It’s cheap and makes accurate low SD (like single digit low) loads so I know that the power factor will always be spot on. Haven’t tried the CFE Pistol. I only have a pound of it.

Wow, just talked for two minutes and not sure I even helped???

from the small amount i've shot of it i do notice it burns much cleaner then hs6 so i do like that. not sure how that affects gas or if it does 

10 hours ago, duffdawg said:

from the small amount i've shot of it i do notice it burns much cleaner then hs6 so i do like that. not sure how that affects gas or if it does 

It is ridiculously clean burning in a major 9 gun. 

I didn’t realize that CFE and WAC were the same powder? Exactly? I thought CFE was some new formulation?

I third the HS-6 verdict. That’s what I tried originally in my open gun before I moved to Silhouette.

I’m just finishing loading SD rounds for 380 and 9MM with Lehigh Xtreme Defense and CFE. The CFE gives me a 100 FPS more than the other listed powders. I’ll have to try it in the open gun when I run out of my 10 pounds of Silhouette [emoji51]

On 5/9/2018 at 8:30 AM, iflyskyhigh said:

I didn’t realize that CFE and WAC were the same powder? Exactly? I thought CFE was some new formulation?

I third the HS-6 verdict. That’s what I tried originally in my open gun before I moved to Silhouette.

I’m just finishing loading SD rounds for 380 and 9MM with Lehigh Xtreme Defense and CFE. The CFE gives me a 100 FPS more than the other listed powders. I’ll have to try it in the open gun when I run out of my 10 pounds of Silhouette emoji51.png

i tried some today i really like it doesn't seem quite as flat as hs6 but very close still playing with some loads and oal shot maybe 300 rounds today

I like slower powders like AA7 or 3N38 with 115gr bullets in my Glock open gun to make it shoot flatter with the lack of poppel holes. 

What velocity are you running the 115’s at?

5 hours ago, iflyskyhigh said:

What velocity are you running the 115’s at?

I like them hot.  I use 10.5gr of AA7 with a 115gr Everglades JHP V2 at about 1540fps and 9gr of 3N38 with a 115gr PD JHP or Hornady HAP at about 1510.  

34 minutes ago, chevrofreak said:

I like them hot.  I use 10.5gr of AA7 with a 115gr Everglades JHP V2 at about 1540fps and 9gr of 3N38 with a 115gr PD JHP or Hornady HAP at about 1510.  

how many rounds do you have down the pipe on that glock at 170+ pf?

18 hours ago, duffdawg said:

how many rounds do you have down the pipe on that glock at 170+ pf?

Somewhere around 2,000 before I bought a CK.  It has over 20,000 on it all together, and I've been shooting it for about 18 years.    It has even withstood some accidental 200pf+ loads when I was brand new to reloading 9major.  Blown primers and stretched case heads didn't even phase it.  It is a a stout gun. 

3 hours ago, chevrofreak said:

Somewhere around 2,000 before I bought a CK.  It has over 20,000 on it all together, and I've been shooting it for about 18 years.    It has even withstood some accidental 200pf+ loads when I was brand new to reloading 9major.  Blown primers and stretched case heads didn't even phase it.  It is a a stout gun. 

idk why ppl seem to say they don't hold up. seem to hold up quite well. ive already put over 1k on mine with 0 failures. i think a lot of ppls problems are they run super light springs. so they beat the gun up. i found a load i really like with this cfe dot doesn't leave the window.

39 minutes ago, duffdawg said:

idk why ppl seem to say they don't hold up. seem to hold up quite well. ive already put over 1k on mine with 0 failures. i think a lot of ppls problems are they run super light springs. so they beat the gun up. i found a load i really like with this cfe dot doesn't leave the window.

To be fair 1000 rounds is nothing in a competition gun. 

1 hour ago, Sarge said:

To be fair 1000 rounds is nothing in a competition gun. 

my point was everyone always seems to talk about how they won't run at all. and won't last the lasting part i can't speak much for.

i do agree they don't shot or feel as good as a 2011.