Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
bluedevil008

Where to get a recoil spring gauge?

Recommended Posts

Hey folks. 

 

Looking for a recoil spring gauge.  Brownell's is the only retailer I am aware of, and they have been out for months.  Anyone know where to buy one?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard those retail versions had problems anyway. If you search these forums or google it there are lots of effective DIY testers out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

secure firearm products manufacturers the Brownell's one.

 

they can be purchased  here

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ffl said:

secure firearm products manufacturers the Brownell's one.

 

they can be purchased  here

 

 

 

Website needs a facelift! goodness, it's to the point where I'm hesitant to place an order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

being the chief cook and bottle washer, as well as IT manager,  production support, engineer, new product development, and many other things that occupy the 10 hours a day the website goodies are the last thing on my plate. 

 

I can't afford to hire someone or have the time to make the website do all kinds of useless twists, turns, drop downs, slide outs.  However the logic is sound and it works.

 

enjoy

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ffl said:

being the chief cook and bottle washer, as well as IT manager,  production support, engineer, new product development, and many other things that occupy the 10 hours a day the website goodies are the last thing on my plate. 

 

I can't afford to hire someone or have the time to make the website do all kinds of useless twists, turns, drop downs, slide outs.  However the logic is sound and it works.

 

enjoy

 

 

That's just my free advice, you're obviously free to do as you please.  Simplicity is nice, yes, but there is something to be said about modernity, and it definitely doesn't have to have any additional features.  But if your target market is primarily wholesale, then maybe this doesn't stifle business at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have one I could sell you, pm me if you’re interested. 

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can you define modernity? 

cool colors? neat graphics? fancy text font?

 

all the coding is up to current HTML standards.  but IE11 not being standard compliant I can't vouch for its displaying correctly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/11/2018 at 7:46 AM, ffl said:

can you define modernity? 

cool colors? neat graphics? fancy text font?

 

all the coding is up to current HTML standards.  but IE11 not being standard compliant I can't vouch for its displaying correctly.

 

 

 

Antiquated graphical interface

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t see nothing wrong with the website...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Argie said:

Don’t see nothing wrong with the website...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

 

I didn't say there was anything wrong.  But if we compare to other online retail stores that I buy from, this is on the lesser impressive side.

 

It's really not a big deal, I was providing feedback to the owner, not attacking him/her.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

no offense taken.  constructive criticism is ok.  since I do my own store stuff and I want it to interface with my internal system the OScommerce store was the best for me.  the other stores are prettier I admit but I can't modify code or interface my internal system with it. The OScommerce store is open source and is used world wide with many add-ons this makes it perfect for me.

 

Since my web and my store pull from the same database it makes my work that much easier when changes or additions are in order.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just last week I ordered and received a spring tester from SFP.  It arrived in a few days and is exactly what I expected. It works great. The website is what it is but it got the job done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Which site did you go to?

 

the direct link is Here

We were backordered the site did not reflect that just that it was not found. Parts are in stock and available for shipment

 

Sorry

David

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×