Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Custom Open Glock

jerkeejoe

3 hours ago, Noximus03 said:

Having LOADS (pun intended) of experience with the bad parts of shooting Glock Open as a focus, just that pic alone shows me a serious improvement over past attempts at Open Plastic.

One major thing is that the scope mount is attached to something other than the frame itself. I ran 25k out of my old Carver, and went through three SJC mounts in that time due to the aluminum stripping out (I assume to the stress/flex of the frame. Plausible). 

I seriously hope you update us once you throw lead downrange. Maybe a vid, or 5? Really curious to holster choices as well. Ghost? CR?

Will definitely post a bunch of vids and range reports. 

He has a guy custom making kydex holsters. None of the race holsters will work due to the frame weight. 

Mine should ship next week. Machinist misplaced some holes in the frame weight and delayed it a week. Oops. ??

Not a huge fan of Glocks but that is a cool looking Open Glock. The frame weight/optic mount combo is a great ideal compared to drilling holes in the plastic frame for the optic mount. The zig racker mounted on a Glock is a first for me. They're a great racker for any gun.

4 hours ago, jerkeejoe said:

Will definitely post a bunch of vids and range reports. 

He has a guy custom making kydex holsters. None of the race holsters will work due to the frame weight. 

Mine should ship next week. Machinist misplaced some holes in the frame weight and delayed it a week. Oops. ??

I wonder if a Guga, or a DAA would work. Pretty short holsters. 

Why does this whole thread feel like a cheesy FB ad that you have to continually click links to see more?

Sure, you can make Open Glocks run, for a while. Save your $2k and keep your eye on the classifieds here, there’s a lot of gems that show up now and then.

34 minutes ago, B_Seehawer said:

Why does this whole thread feel like a cheesy FB ad that you have to continually click links to see more?

Sure, you can make Open Glocks run, for a while. Save your $2k and keep your eye on the classifieds here, there’s a lot of gems that show up now and then.

All the gems in the classifieds don't last long with you around seehawer. Every time I come across something in the classifieds I want you've already commented that you'll take it or pm inbound. 

All the gems in the classifieds don't last long with you around seehawer. Every time I come across something in the classifieds I want you've already commented that you'll take it or pm inbound. 

There’s some phenomenal deals here sometimes!

38 minutes ago, B_Seehawer said:

It’s not a money issue. If I wanted a custom 2011 I’d have one built, and I suspect at some point I will, but fancy 2011s are a dime a dozen. This is a very unique gun. Plus, I had this one built because I like shooting Glocks and thought it’d be fun to shoot an open Glock.  I’m a high A shooter, not a grand master, I suspect it’ll work just fine for me until I get bored with it and move on to something different. 

1 minute ago, B_Seehawer said:

There’s some phenomenal deals here sometimes!

Yes there is. I've only got lucky once or twice and got to be the first person to stumble across the phenomenal deal and get to buy it. Sounds like I need to spend more time on Enos.

Yes there is. I've only got lucky once or twice and got to be the first person to stumble across the phenomenal deal and get to buy it. Sounds like I need to spend more time on Enos.

Lol, it gets expensive!!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 8:49 AM, jerkeejoe said:

It shipped yesterday. Can't wait to get it. 

36F037ED-9102-4EE0-A1B4-717C4C590511.jpeg

That's awesome! Congrats jerkeejoe! It looks like something out of a movie or TV show. Be sure to post lots of pics and vids of you running it when you can.