Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Big spike in forum traffic recently

benos

During peak hours, we normally have between 300 - 400 members online. Over the last weekend, however, we hit 650+ members online. Does anyone know of a specific reason for the dramatic increase?

The reason I'm wondering... When we go over 450 members online for a 48 hour period, that changes my billing plan from $330 / month to $590 /  month. Which is a serious increase, that is not in my semi-retirement budget. :) 

There are six pages of Guests at the moment, I suspect that it is much of the traffic. It might be worth checking with IP Board to see if they can generate a report showing WHO was online during peak times. If you have a lot of Guests then maybe there is a way to restrict their access.

Edited by BritinUSA

Okay thanks Paul! And IP said they cannot tell the reason for the increased traffic.

Hello,  I reviewed your sessions currently, and as per the chart, the traffic is much lower now, the peak was a few days ago, in which we can't see what the source was at that time.

I was locked out for a few weeks and just got back in a few days ago. Perhaps whatever was going on was related to guest logins from Tapatalk?

I was trying several times a day, if each attend was a guest user it could explain it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk