Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I've Always Wanted A 10mm Revolver

gandog56

I have 4 10mm semi-auto pistols, a Mechtech CCU to use one of my 1911 10mm pistols into a carbine, and a TNW Aero 10mm carbine. You might get the impression I like the 10mm round. But I always wanted a revolver in 10mm. For a couple years I was thinking of getting a Ruger GP-100 and getting it converted to 10mm, but the cost of doing it always stopped me. It is next to impossible to find one of the small production Ruger Buckeyes with the 10mm conversion cylinder, and if you did, they were always ridiculously expensive. So this year I see Ruger actually listened to it's customers, and now makes 3 different revolvers in 10mm. A Blackhawk, A GP-100, and a Super Redhawk. I decided I wanted double action so the Blackhawk was out. Since I reload, I wanted the stoutest build so I could load up some 10mm to near .357 mag specs, so I went with the Super Redhawk, since it is based on a .44 magnum frame. My eyes are not as good as they used to be, so I added a silver 2X7 Variable pistol scope to it. I got a total of 12 moon clips for it, which kind of acts like a speed loader. And since it uses moon clips, I can practice with it using .40 cal S&W reloads for less recoil and reloading expence. (Since I use the same projectiles for each load I save a tiny bit on th powder used in the .40 cal)

nE0vdn

I wanted one as well, and went so far as to buy a GP100 in 357 to convert...and before I could send it off to get converted (which would take 12-14 months), a S&W 610 sorta fell into my lap at a price I couldn't refuse. But, I'd like another one, so looking at the Rugers now.

I recently acquired my first 10mm semi-auto and I kind of want a revolver that I can share loads with.  I picked up a Ruger Super Blackhawk 7.5" in .44 mag to hunt with this next deer season.  I think a 10mm revolver would just be another range toy.

I'd probably be inclined to look for a S&W 610 or a GP.  The Super Redhawk is god awful ugly.