Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sweeping with PCC when moving to weak side.

I've observed many PCC shooters having a tendency to sweep the muzzle up range as they run to their weak side to a different shooting position on a stage.  Is this rule addressed?  I personally think is is a DQ under 10.5.2.  Is that a correct interpretation?

Yes, it's a DQ (10.5.2, if you need a rule number).  With the exception of the specific rules listed in the PCC rules addendum, any rule that applies to handguns also applies to PCCs.  It's something RO's need to watch for when running PCC shooters, just like watching muzzle direction carefully for a right-handed pistol shooter reloading while moving right-to-left on a stage.

Edited by JAFO
On 5/7/2018 at 6:29 AM, Out of Ammo said:

I've observed many PCC shooters having a tendency to sweep the muzzle up range as they run to their weak side to a different shooting position on a stage. 

Weren't they all DQed?  Was it a USPSA match?

It doesn't matter what gun you are using, the 180 rule applies to everything. 

On 5/7/2018 at 6:29 AM, Out of Ammo said:

I've observed many PCC shooters having a tendency to sweep the muzzle up range as they run to their weak side to a different shooting position on a stage.  Is this rule addressed?  I personally think is is a DQ under 10.5.2.  Is that a correct interpretation?

That’s because they’re keeping the rifle in both hands, instead of something akin to this when moving toward the off-hand side:

(Note: This would be the gentleman who just won the nationals in PCC)