Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many rounds are y’all getting in CO mags

magpulled

I’ve got a couple CO guns and a few 17 rd mecgar mags with TTi pads and I’m getting 21 rds in them. Is there a way to get maybe up to 23 in my mags and still be legal.  

Thanks in advance. 

9 minutes ago, 858 said:

23rd in 17rd MecGars with Springer extensions and Grams kits.

This for me but with TTI +3/+4 pads. It's a bit of a push on the 23rd, but it seats reliably since day one. No extra slamming necessary like some of my glock friends have to do. 

1 hour ago, chrisstophere said:

This for me but with TTI +3/+4 pads. It's a bit of a push on the 23rd, but it seats reliably since day one. No extra slamming necessary like some of my glock friends have to do. 

What springs and followers?

14 minutes ago, magpulled said:

What springs and followers?

This kit. Worked right out of the bag. Just choose the right kind of tube. I learned that the hard way by buying the same thing at BSPS, but they don't give you a choice.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Grams-SpringFollower-Kit-CZ-75SP01Shadow-P4542.aspx

I've only got the 18rd mags that came with my Shadows.  Does the gap between the basepad and frame bother anyone?

I'm kind of OCD and it just looks odd to me, but not sure if it would actually be a bother.

On 5/8/2018 at 12:24 PM, chrisstophere said:

This kit. Worked right out of the bag. Just choose the right kind of tube. I learned that the hard way by buying the same thing at BSPS, but they don't give you a choice.

https://www.shootersconnectionstore.com/Grams-SpringFollower-Kit-CZ-75SP01Shadow-P4542.aspx

Does your slide lockback on empty empty with this setup?

I've got a couple each of the MecGar 17s and the CZ OEM 18s.  I've also got four TTI +4 basepads on the way.  Just need to decide which mags I'm going to convert and therefore which springs to order. ShootersConnection has a different kit for the 17 and the 18. 

On 5/8/2018 at 11:12 AM, chrisstophere said:

Chris, have you ever put your mags into a mag gauge? If so, how close are you to the 140mm limit? You've got the MecGar 17s which are probably ~5mm shorter than the 18 round CZ tubes.

23+1 with Henning Group 140mm baseplates and spring kit cut to 10coils. Plenty of top bullet movement to not be too difficult to seat. It takes a decent insertion but you don’t have to fight it.

On 5/11/2018 at 5:08 PM, Billmanweh said:

I've only got the 18rd mags that came with my Shadows.  Does the gap between the basepad and frame bother anyone?

I'm kind of OCD and it just looks odd to me, but not sure if it would actually be a bother.

Yes, it bothered me. I kept thinking it wasn't seated all the way.

2 hours ago, ClangClang said:

I've got a couple each of the MecGar 17s and the CZ OEM 18s.  I've also got four TTI +4 basepads on the way.  Just need to decide which mags I'm going to convert and therefore which springs to order. ShootersConnection has a different kit for the 17 and the 18. 

Chris, have you ever put your mags into a mag gauge? If so, how close are you to the 140mm limit? You've got the MecGar 17s which are probably ~5mm shorter than the 18 round CZ tubes.

No, I never have but I could of sworn I saw where guys who ran the same mag setups had no issues when they went to majors, at least with the 17 rd mecgars. I can get a pretty close to size later if you like.

On 5/14/2018 at 6:04 AM, chrisstophere said:
On 5/13/2018 at 11:28 PM, Boxer4u said:

Does your slide lockback on empty empty with this setup?

Yes it does.

Thank you

i ended up getting the CZ Custom basepad for the Mecgar 17 with their spring and follower. 

We will see if it locks back, but from what I’ve heard, no dice. 

Thank you

i ended up getting the CZ Custom basepad for the Mecgar 17 with their spring and follower. 

We will see if it locks back, but from what I’ve heard, no dice. 
Here is my Mecgar with gram guts and the proper followerhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b00d60de7f40/20180519_215117.mp4

Here is my Mecgar with gram guts and the proper followerhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5b00d60de7f40/20180519_215117.mp4

Thanks for that!

Lockback is important for me, so if it’s not happening with the CZC follower I will order some grams followers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk