Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
Novagunner

2011 heavy magwell

I'm a fan of the stainless magwell from Atlas Gunworks. I've shot a Titan from them with an aluminum and stainless magwell and preferred the stainless for that particular gun

On 1/10/2019 at 9:09 PM, Bmeehan19 said:

Its here!

3FD14FD0-C44E-41A2-98BF-071F25808C1C.jpeg

That is the Brass Top one?

These Limcat Brass magwells in stock anywhere??  I asked them a few times when they expect them, and it's always "next week".  Longest 7 days i've ever seen. 

On 1/12/2019 at 4:47 PM, Fo0 said:

That is the Brass Top one?

My brass topped one was brass colored.

2 hours ago, Robertwil18 said:

These Limcat Brass magwells in stock anywhere??  I asked them a few times when they expect them, and it's always "next week".  Longest 7 days i've ever seen. 

They are stupid heavy.  I had one and preferred the standard version.  Sold my brass one to @lacivilian who now has the world's first 25# open gun.

42 minutes ago, tha1000 said:

They are stupid heavy.  I had one and preferred the standard version.  Sold my brass one to @lacivilian who now has the world's first 25# open gun.

I do much prefer the brass magwell over the aluminum topped one. Heavy in the hands doesn’t matter as much because it changes the balance point. 

I do like the brass top with a plastic grip gun. Being that steel grips is all I use I went with the steel top ones on all my open guns and love them. Always keep an extra one on hand just in case as they are hard to find. 😎

Greetings gang,

Aren't you guys with the steel grips worried about having too much weight?  This subject was lightly touched upon a few pages back... I also know this is pretty subjective.  Are there any magwells that correct a crap mag insert that isn't made of steel or brass?  

Thanks,
KG

4 hours ago, KindredGhost said:

Greetings gang,

Aren't you guys with the steel grips worried about having too much weight?  This subject was lightly touched upon a few pages back... I also know this is pretty subjective.  Are there any magwells that correct a crap mag insert that isn't made of steel or brass?  

Thanks,
KG

The magwell with a steel grip certainly does not hurt the balance or the feel at all for me. That being said I believe that PT and Akai among others have picked up on this and made their own versions of this magwell. Should be more and more options out there all the time. 

6 hours ago, KindredGhost said:

Greetings gang,

Thanks,
KG

I’m running an aluminum topped LimCat V2 on my steel grip Atlas but I have a  brass top V2 on my plastic grip STI. They actually feel pretty close in the hand and under live fire.