Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 heavy magwell

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spoke to Johnny Lim yesterday as I am needing a V2 for my PT Evo grip. He said it's best to grind the little tabs off of the grip. He may just not like taking material off of his magwell but I would imagine both methods word. Either way, this is the only magwell I will use moving forward. Fits my hands perfectly and feels incredible. 

I will try and post pics of my limited gun (with PT Evo grip) with magwell removed to show the tabs that were ground down.

Edited by Posvar

7 minutes ago, Posvar said:

I spoke to Johnny Lim yesterday as I am needing a V2 for my PT Evo grip. He said it's best to grind the little tabs off of the grip. He may just not like taking material off of his grip but I would imagine both methods word. Either way, this is the only magwell I will use moving forward. Fits my hands perfectly and feels incredible. 

I will try and post pics of my limited gun (with PT Evo grip) with magwell removed to show the tabs that were ground down.

I always take material off the cheapest part.  Also you are more likely to change the magwell in the future than the grip. 

4 minutes ago, echotango said:

I always take material off the cheapest part.  Also you are more likely to change the magwell in the future than the grip. 

Very true. What did you use to remove the material? Do you happen to have a picture of the modified magwell?

Matt

I removed most material from the magwell but did end up slightly filing down the tabs on my Evo. I mainly did this so that the magwell would pressed against multiple tabs and not just one. Mine is super tight fitting and requires a hammer and punch to get out the pin. Trust me, if you ever get another magwell it will just be another limcat, it is that good. 

Guys with the EVO and limcat v2 magwell. How does it line up with the "cut out" profile on the front of the evo? I'm talking about the inside of the grip/magwell. 

I get a lot of stuck mags when pushing things in dry fire if the angle isn't perfect. Wondering if it will fix this.

The magwell makes the “hole” smaller so the mag is oriented correctly already where it goes in. Their web site has a great description of this. My limited gun has an Evo grip and V2 magwell and reloads are perfect every time 

I like the sounds of that! My only concern now is that I have really big hands and need a "big hand" magwell. Anyone else like this that uses a Limcat magwell? One thing I love about my atlas magwell is how the front doesn't start until the very bottom of the grip.