Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2011 heavy magwell

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Limcat, available and weighs in at 4.9 ounces. Only drawback is you have to use Tti, or other low profile pads. Other wise feels great and works as it should. I have small hands and it helps push my hand to grip, also feels good with the weight in the grip (plastic). 2fa27257f19c9b1d43bfee81bf2fa176.jpg80874194a084ac0e8ab744fa218cfad8.jpg94232c1ab1645ed59df06a20021a73d5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

No problem iirc I was on Atlas guns sight and he had a steel magwell, not sure what grip it fits, plastic or pt evo

Dawson no longer makes heavy ice magwell. Atlas makes one but u have to ask Adam I think it’s just for ss evo grip. If u can find it cape makes the heaviest one. But very hard to find. Speed shooter will have it if in stock

Atlas magwell is 5.5oz. Just fyi lol I weighed mine before putting on my ice heavy. My ice heavy is 4.5oz. Isn't limcat or sv coming out with a new one soon that is heavy and you can't jam mags in it? Like even insert it sideways and it spins it in perfectly....

This is the bottom of my Limcat, 2 comps called for rain haven't used it in live fire yet. But seems pretty smooth. 88ee33e30ebf62a92f826e889d9301db.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:21 PM, 36873687 said:

Dawson no longer makes heavy ice magwell. Atlas makes one but u have to ask Adam I think it’s just for ss evo grip. If u can find it cape makes the heaviest one. But very hard to find. Speed shooter will have it if in stock

This sucks. I really like the Dawson heavy brass magwells. I run them on both of my 2011 limited guns. The extra weight in the plastic grips is nice. One day I'll stop being a tight wad and buy metal grips. I've noticed Dawson has stopped making a bunch of stuff I liked. Looks like I'll have to buy some things used if/when I build another gun.

2 hours ago, bjones6686 said:

This sucks. I really like the Dawson heavy brass magwells. I run them on both of my 2011 limited guns. The extra weight in the plastic grips is nice. One day I'll stop being a tight wad and buy metal grips. I've noticed Dawson has stopped making a bunch of stuff I liked. Looks like I'll have to buy some things used if/when I build another gun.

I have one on my limited gun an a be on my open gun. Both with ss grips. It piss me off also. U get used to something then take it away

I finally had the chance to run it this weekend, works as designed. No issues and helped with my grip as well. Mag changes very easy.

Not sure because I haven't used a metal grip yet, but the magwell seems to steer the magazine correctly, bypassing the opening of the grip. Meaning not making contact at the opening of the grip, compared to other brands that seem to blend to the bottom of the grip. Hopefully that makes sense.