Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Picked up a 9x25 Dillon barrel for the Hunter

The company that made them is out of business now. I hope it goes okay getting it installed and working (fingers crossed).

It was an outfit named RATTAC and I couldn't find much on the rifling. 

Barrel.jpg

Edited by Intercooler2

Hate to say it but it sure looks like a re-chambered 9 x ?? barrel.  Looks like there may have been a "23"  under the over-stamped "25" because the "CP 9x" looks the same (cut with CNC) but the "25" is different (stamped not cut).   Not saying its bad, just not a purpose made 9x25 bbl. It would make sense if it was a 9x23 bbl because not much of that out there these days.

Edited by Intel6

It's for sure a 9mm barrel. I did find some history on them and the same result could be had with an EAA 9mm 6" barrel with a ream job.

How much is a 6" 9mm barrel these days? The reaming is about $150.

• 2 months later...

Here are the F1 Chronograph numbers out of it.

Underwood Ammo 90gr Xtreme Defender 1987, 1971, 2077  Average = 2011.66 FPS/ 809 LBS
Underwood Ammo 124gr XTP 1774, 1759, 1718, 1756, 1766, 1765  Average = 1756.33 FPS/ 849 LBS
Underwood Ammo 125gr FMJ 1670, 1721, 1674, 1689, 1722, 1714  Average = 1698.33 FPS/ 801 LBS

Yep those 90gr numbers looks about right from when I experimented with them when i had a 9x25 sti open gun gun (by then they had eatablished a minimum bullet weight so you couldn't shoot them in matches any more at major pf) Shooting 115s at about 180pf it was dead flat but with a 5 port comp it was so loud the ROs used to draw straws to see who had to run me.

Edited by caspian guy

In my experience, that dream was a nightmare. Shot with an open shooter with a 9x25 open gun back in the day and the experience can only be described as brutal. You did not want to be in the same county when he shot, let alone the same bay. My recollection is that a steady diet of shooting that caliber in open lead to cracked molars and/or stress fractures in the elbow. Interest in 9x25 rather quickly dwindled because of the sheer brutality and the fact that you were down rounds to 38 Super guns.