Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Zev trigger help please!

Swanny10

So I’ve had this zev trigger laying around for a few months. I finally decided to install it today in my 4gen G19. 

Model is FUL-DRP-4G9-PRO.B-B

With it installed the trigger will not break. I’ve removed/reinstalled several times and I’m getting tired of removing the rear plate and striker in order to get it field stripped. When I put the factory trigger back in everything works perfect. This model does not have any pre/over travel adjustments so I don’t know where to start. 

Can anybody help?! I know I can call them on Monday but I was really hoping to get it running for tmw. 

Hopefully somebody has some experience with this. 

Thanks in advance 

Given that you didn’t over adjust the trigger, I’m pretty sure that your connector is out of spec. It should angle away from the trigger housing about an eighth of an inch at the edge where it crosses off the housing. 

Compare the factory connector / trigger housing to the Zev / dot. I bet it’s flatter on the trigger housing so it isn’t being engaged by the trigger bar. 

These are stamped parts that never see a human hand...it happens. 

Edited by Paulie

1 hour ago, Paulie said:

Given that you didn’t over adjust the trigger, I’m pretty sure that your connector is out of spec. It should angle away from the trigger housing about an eighth of an inch at the edge where it crosses off the housing. 

Compare the factory connector / trigger housing to the Zev / dot. I bet it’s flatter on the trigger housing so it isn’t being engaged by the trigger bar. 

These are stamped parts that never see a human hand...it happens. 

To the naked eye I couldn’t see a difference in the angle but I went ahead and tried to tweak it. But I must have missed the sweet spot because the striker would drop about a half a second after holding the trigger back. So I installed the standard connector that Zev included. It seems to function okay now. Although the trigger break/pull is nothing to write home about. I will contact zev on Monday about getting a replacement dot connector. 

Thank you you so much Paulie. Your help is greatly appreciated.