Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Any Interest in a Mid Michigan ICORE Club?

I recently moved to the Lansing area and it seems we have no active ICORE clubs in MI.  I joined Oak Hill Gun Club over the winter and they have a great facility.  It would actually be a good place to host a Midwest Regional match in the future.  They have successfully hosted bigger USPSA matches in the past.

Would anyone else be interested in shooting ICORE near Lansing?  I would volunteer to be the match director and get things going.  My philosophy on stage design is to use every piece of steel the club owns and try new types of stages each month.  We did par time, standards, run n gun, pro am, etc. at my club in Indiana and had a good turnout for each ICORE match.  I'd love to see the same here in Michigan.  

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll see what we can do.

Yeah sure, I go to a monastery up that way a lot so while it's far, I could still find other stuff to do. I might even be able to help with setup depending on how free the temple is when I go, usually I can stay the night there.

• 1 month later...

I went to the board meeting last night and we will be hosting ICORE matches next year!  I'll post an update when I get more information.  I need to figure out some of the match expenses and logistics at this point.  

Good afternoon Sir.

I live just north of Toronto, and once a year shoot Action Pistol in Benton Harbour, i missed that match this year for the first time in ten years.

with that said, Lansing is not that far a drive, about 6 hours.

If you decide to have ICORE matches, please let me know, i will try to make a few of them, its a nice way to spend a few days.

J. Russell Bryan.

Canadian, AP / IPSC / ICORE / PPC shooter.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Oak Hill is a great club, and the people and facilities are top notch.  Looks like the Central Regional will be there next year!!!  Just gotta iron out the details with the club leadership and do some logistics.  ICORE is coming back to Michigan!!!

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2018 at 2:45 PM, Alaskan454 said:

Let me know if anyone is interested and I'll see what we can do.

There are a few revolver shooters at the monthly steel match at South Kent Sportsman's club, which is about an hour or so from Lansing area. I think you may get a few to bite from there too. Please do keep us informed.

On 9/18/2018 at 11:43 AM, IowaNewbie said:

There are a few revolver shooters at the monthly steel match at South Kent Sportsman's club, which is about an hour or so from Lansing area. I think you may get a few to bite from there too. Please do keep us informed.

@JRB Here's a link to our first match announcement: